Torpedo VM-202

guitarxtc

I just sold my Rivera rock crusher attenuator and because VM-202 don't have attenuator like Torpedo live i want to know what device i have to buy to connect my tube amp head to Torpedo VM-202?

You'll need to match the amplifier's impedance to what's available on the loadbox and assure that the loadbox can handle the amp's wattage. Finally, you'll need a model that has an uncompensated line out so that you are NOT cascading the vm-202 on an inferior (or different) speaker emulation.

If you'd be kind enough to post the head(s) you intend to use, it will be easier to make a recommendation.

best,

Andy

Did the Rivera rock crusher have a line out? If it did you should have kept it. A THD has a line out and decent. Otherwise sell the VM 202 and get a Torpedo Live. Just my 2cents.

there are boxes that extract a line level signal from a speaker level but you still need a speaker connected and a space that can handle the resulting sound level. Both the vb-101 and the Live can work this way as well (ie with the load inactive).

Andy

I know the code names of our product may be a little confusing, but there is no VB-202, it's VM-202. ;)

Anyway, as soon as you have a product between your amp and a VM-202, the product in question must have:

1- a loadbox or dummy load so you don't have to plug a cabinet to load the amp
2- a non-compensated line output (ie without any kind of speaker simulation)

With the PDI-03, do not use the Filter output, just the line out, and it will work.

Back