CAB questions

etzel

I am not sure if i understood correctly the use of the CAB, so, in the hope of future purchase, i'd like to clarify that.
if i have my regular pedalboard, loaded with few OD and a Kingsley, which i would consider a preamp, can i just simply plug in the Two Notes and then go direct? what if i do not use my drive pedals, does that mean my clean sound will be as i just "attack" the poweramp of a amp?

thanks for any help

Hi Etzel,

can i just simply plug in the Two Notes and then go direct?

Absolutely, this is what the C.A.B. was designed for.

what if i do not use my drive pedals, does that mean my clean sound will be as i just "attack" the poweramp of a amp?

Kind of, with a usefull help from all the miking section and EQ to polish your sound. ;)

guillaume_pille":1nngsdnq said:
Hi Etzel,

can i just simply plug in the Two Notes and then go direct?

Absolutely, this is what the C.A.B. was designed for.

what if i do not use my drive pedals, does that mean my clean sound will be as i just "attack" the poweramp of a amp?

Kind of, with a usefull help from all the miking section and EQ to polish your sound. ;)

thanks for the quick answers. i'll go on with some question:if i have my head/combo, plugged into, but want to use both of them (head and Two Notes) and want to be heard in the same time (using the head with normal cab as monitoring) how do i realise that. i know i can just take a line from head and go into CAB, but that way no sound on stage. is there a way to split the signal in my situation? am asking in hope of someone already tried this.

maybe you wonder why not mike the cab? in my experience that ends up not always in a very consistant sound

You can do exactly that with an effect loop that is parallel. Some amps have this but if you don't, either a tech can modify the amp or you could add a parallel loop in a pedal such as a Suhr Mini Mix or a Lehle Parallel. You could also just use a "Y" cable and run one leg back into return and the other in to the CAB. If you get hum, the solution is NOT a ground lift on the amp's AC (instead lift the ring connection of the line going to the CAB).

You may also consider a Torpedo Live which can operate with the speaker connected in thru mode ie amp into Torpedo into speaker. The speaker will receive the amp's full output for monitoring and the Torpedo will extract a signal to process and run to the house.

Andy

Back