Help with creating a recording rig and live rig

Blackie08

hey guys,

i was hoping someone could help me find a Two Notes product that would work the best for my situation.

My rig right now is a CAA PT-100 -> Rivera RockCrusher Attenuator -> 2x12 cab with delay and reverb pedals in the loop.

I would like a recording rig that can keep the volume down...the rockcrusher has a balanced XLR line out and level control fyi

i was thinking the torpedo live or torpedo C.A.B.

Hi Blackie08,

if you like the Rockcrusher, keep it, and send its line output to the line input of the Torpedo C.A.B.

You will find some samples in this forum (search for a thread started last week I guess) recorded using a simliar setup.

Just a FIY, the Torpedo Live and the C.A.B. are somehow equivalent as soon as you use their line input. They share the same motherboard.

Hi Blackie, both options would work, the Cab has the lowest cost while the Live adds the digital output which can be used with your DAW at 48 or 96kHz. This will allow you to simultaneously record the guitar with the speaker/micing and also get an amp out "direct" that can the be re-amplified later through the Live or using a speaker emulation plug in such as the Torpedo ones or other IR players. The Live would also have the advantage that should you use your amp outside your studio, you wouldn't need to move the Rockcrusher as well. In terms of sonics and the available palette of sounds, both units function in the same manner.

Andy

guillaume_pille":ebwh6ub7 said:
Hi Blackie08,

if you like the Rockcrusher, keep it, and send its line output to the line input of the Torpedo C.A.B.

You will find some samples in this forum (search for a thread started last week I guess) recorded using a simliar setup.

Just a FIY, the Torpedo Live and the C.A.B. are somehow equivalent as soon as you use their line input. They share the same motherboard.

So if i went rockcrusher line out---> C.A.B. then I would need an audio interface like a focusrite scarlett 2i2/2i4 or something and then to a DAW like Reaper or Torpedo PI??

In either case, you would need some form of audio i/o for your computer and a daw program, Reaper being one of the best deals out there. Most audio interfaces also come bundled with a starter DAW software as a minimum. The PI-101 is an audio plug in that will work in any DAW that supports VST, RTAS or Audio Unit plug in formats. The focusrite interfaces you mention will work just fine with reaper and ableton live lite is also included afaik

Andy

Blackie08":2tfb5goh said:
guillaume_pille":2tfb5goh said:
Hi Blackie08,

So if i went rockcrusher line out---> C.A.B. then I would need an audio interface like a focusrite scarlett 2i2/2i4 or something and then to a DAW like Reaper or Torpedo PI??
I have the 2i4 and luv it. Simple easy to adjust and great build quality. I use the Torpedo Live and haven't touched the Axe Fx II since :LOL: :LOL: Next Im going to run the Axe II into the Live and use the amp and Cab sims from the Live and bypass it in the Axe II just to check it out deeper.

Please note there is a digital S/PDIF output on the Live (so you can use the Torpedo Live as a high qulity onverter), while the C.A.B. has analog outputs "only".

It is not perfectly clear in what you wrote, so I will specify this: the Torpedo PI-101 is a plugin you embed in you sequencer (like Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase...). So you would need a clean signal (coming from a rpeamp or a full amplifier + rockcrusher) -> soundcard -> Sequencer (Reaper)-> PI-101 WoS.

Back