Torpedo V.2

steve_k

Two Notes Guys.....for version 2 of the Torpedo:

Outputs

- Amp In / Cab Thru

- 2 x XLR (or XLR/ 1/4" combi's) outs to active stage monitors

- 1 x XLR (or XLR/ 1/4" combi) out to FOH

:D

OK, which Torpedo ? :D You know that is the standard name of all our products (for now). The Torpedo Live?

XLR output in Combi format don't exist: output are always male and there is not room for the pin + a female jack. ;)

So basically you would like to have 3 outputs, with the same signal on them? hum, that's the purpose of a little rack mixer in my opinion.

We put 2 of them on the VB-101, but I never saw the opportunity for a third one.

I am not sure I understand the "Amp In / Cab Thru" :confused: What do you mean?

I think Steve means 1/4 and XLR in the same jack - like on an Eventide Eclipse.

I agree with 2 XLRs. For Live use it would be so much easier to run into an FX unit or 2 wedges without having to get a mixer/splitter. I'd rather pony up extra $ for the XLRs then have more out board gear.

At least one XLR . I know it's easy enough to get a XLR-1/4 cord - but again if you want backup cords and things it just gets to be a lot.

Not a deal breaker for sure.

Here's a great deal on a solid TRS to XLR(m) adapter https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GXP246/

Combo jacks exist for the xlr (f) input (as noted on the Eventide) but there is no combo jack for outputs. FWIW, many full range monitors have an extension out so you can go Torpedo to the monitor and then on to the snake.

All feedback is welcome so please look at these replies as solutions for using the current offerings, I'm sure that Guillaume will give great consideration to these suggestions and investigate how to optimize future versions or products, as applicable.

Andy

sysexguy":2e7ks99e said:
Combo jacks exist for the xlr (f) input (as noted on the Eventide) but there is no combo jack for outputs. FWIW, many full range monitors have an extension out so you can go Torpedo to the monitor and then on to the snake.
Andy

Ah, did not know that on the output jacks. I run out of the LIVE into FX, so the 1/4 is no problem for me. I could see where fx were in the fx loop of an amp and the LIVE was last in the chain where an XLR would be nice. And yes my wedges do have a thru and that is exactly how I run to the board. :)

guillaume_pille":3490t3oq said:
OK, which Torpedo ? :D You know that is the standard name of all our products (for now). The Torpedo Live?

XLR output in Combi format don't exist: output are always male and there is not room for the pin + a female jack. ;)

So basically you would like to have 3 outputs, with the same signal on them? hum, that's the purpose of a little rack mixer in my opinion.

We put 2 of them on the VB-101, but I never saw the opportunity for a third one.

I am not sure I understand the "Amp In / Cab Thru" :confused: What do you mean?

Yes, Torpedo Live :D

Essentially, what I do now is just as you described - through a mixer. I run my DI signal from the Torpedo Live to a rack splitter. One to the Mackie DL1608 mixer (controlled by an iPad which is awesome in its self). And the split to the FOH. I use our Mackie monitor mixer to 1) send a signal back to my two RCF NX12SA active monitors and 2) get a monitor mix for the band's IEM's (which I don't use). I use another stage monitor to get the band mix back to me from the FOH. I can also use the linked outs on the RCF's to pass signal.

What I was after was as you say - copy a signal from the FOH DI output to 2 x XLR outputs on the back of the Torpedo Live unit so I can bypass the mixer and control my stage volume to the monitors from the Two Notes and control the signal strength to the FOH mixer.

The bit about the Amp in/Thru is the same that is on it now. I was trying to describe the 3 output capabilities in my wish list for Version 2.0 :thumbsup:

steve_k":w1x0kf0o said:
so I can bypass the mixer and control my stage volume to the monitors from the Two Notes and control the signal strength to the FOH mixer.

If that's all off one volume pot you would not want to do that.

Shark Diver":32j9u1rp said:
steve_k":32j9u1rp said:
so I can bypass the mixer and control my stage volume to the monitors from the Two Notes and control the signal strength to the FOH mixer.

If that's all off one volume pot you would not want to do that.

Correct.....you couldn't do that with a single pot. You would need separate controls. Should be easy for the Two Note's guys :D

I'm sure that Guillaume will give great consideration to these suggestions and investigate how to optimize future versions or products, as applicable.

I know Guillaume Pille quite well and I can tell you he listens very carefully to every suggestion.

He can't just promise anything right now. ;)

guillaume_pille":z7l8iaj3 said:
I'm sure that Guillaume will give great consideration to these suggestions and investigate how to optimize future versions or products, as applicable.

I know Guillaume Pille quite well and I can tell you he listens very carefully to every suggestion.

He can't just promise anything right now. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back