step one connecting torpedo live!!!

Gorehog

got mine last nite.

have my cameron plugged in the 8 ohm input.
now i wanna record it in logic thru an apogee duet.
the duet has no s/pdif input.

should i be using the line out of the torpedo live into 1/4 in guitar input of duet into a track in logic?

or 1/4 inch to xlr into duet?

lost at step one :(

I had the duet. Just 1/4 out to "guitar 1 in" on duet. The Focusrite Scarlette is a lot nicer and also cheaper. I'm really happy with it and glad I sold the Duet.

So out from the "thru"?

Thx. Ill do that. I love my apogee products. Also own a " jam".

I see lots of people like Focusrite and presonus.

the manual says to use s/pdif.

i had the cord in the input like a dope.
and before i was using a speaker cable into the duet.

so now...instrument cable from torpedo line out>inst 1 of duet.track in logic and out my monitors.

:thumbsup: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

of course my headphones are 3.5 mm.so now to radio shack for a 1/4 adapter for tonites festivities.gonna plug the dsl 100/50 into the torpedo live also and see how that sounds compared to the cameron old bitch.
i hope the TL presets dont overide the amp sounds.

thx

already did.didnt get any sound at all.plus i was using a speaker cable by mistake.

using line out now.

OK, always remember that you are using a product, the Torpedo Live, who handle both line and power levels. DON'T MIX THEM!

So, basically, Speaker input and THRU are for power level

Line Input, Line Output and SPDIF handle lower levels.

If you plug the speaker out of your amp to the line input of the Live, you can fry both your amp and the Torpedo Live.

For the same reason, do not plug the THRU output to the line input of your soundcard, the THRU is a bypass of the speaker input, it is like you were plugging your amp speaker output to your soundcard input.

Read carefully the manual before doing bad things that could damage your amp, soundcard and Torpedo...

Your soundcard doesn't have S/PDIF I/Os, so obviously you can't use the Torpedo S/PDIF out, simply plug the line out to the line in of the Apogee. The setup called "on stage" will work with your configuration.

jlbaxe":3ork1aii said:
I had the duet. Just 1/4 out to "guitar 1 in" on duet. The Focusrite Scarlette is a lot nicer and also cheaper. I'm really happy with it and glad I sold the Duet.

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 24 and it's great with the Torpedo Live.

Back