Bogner Red Pedal and Torpedo CAB - Clips please!!

Riffmagus

Afternoon all!

Well, I've just heard the Two Notes video with the Satch Vox pedal direct - WOW! Really nice tone going on here.

But, I'm very much gassing towards the Bogner Red Pedal - with all it's different and tonal features I feel this would compliment my setup more. Does anyone have an clips of the Bogner Red recorded direct into the Torpedo Cab? Would love to hear it.

I know Pete Thorn uses it a small amount in his Cab video. It's making me lean towards getting a brand new pedal board rig with drive/delay/verb and wah - then Cab at the end, for a truly portable gigging/recording setup.

The tonal possibilities are endless!!

Must break out the BlenderIR also....not.enough.hours.in.the.day!!

What sort of music do you like to hear?
Perhaps I find few minutes tomorrow to record some ...

(Bogner Red --> Torpedo CAB --> Presonus Firestudio/Logic)

I love the harmonic distortion from the Bogner Red - as for tones, anything like Altered Bridge/Alice in Chains would be awesome. Plus, how it handles natural and pinch harmonics.

And, if anyone can record a small clip with poweramp on and off, that would be great to see what that adds!

The nearest dealer for me to get these pedals @ a good price is Thomann - so I can't walk in a store and try one!

Many thanks to all the helpful folks so far!

-Riff

Thanks Guillaume,

That Bogner clip has a nice 'sponge' to it - obviously with the cab I have a whole wealth of options at my disposal :)

Just seen the Metallica Cab demo with Tech 21 - convinced pedals are the way forward to me - great, great tones!!

Many thanks Toraliens!

Clips sounds nice and organic to me - what level was the gain set to on clip? Be nice to get hard rock tones with the pedal on and use the boost to get into metal territory with EMG's.

Ubershall sounds good, but not sure if that's a one trick pony in terms of tones...

At the moment, I'm looking at a Bogner Red, ISP decimator Pedal and Jerry Cantrell Wah.

Hi,

Uberschall sounds OK, believe me, this black pedal has less gain and distortion compared with ecstasy blue or red.

Among the 3 Bogner pedals, the RED is the best one.

I have the Bogner Ecstasy RED review playing some metal, however it's in portuguese, but you can enjoy the audio demonstration. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwq7k3-nmOo

Short clip testing my Two Notes Torpedo Live with Bogner Ecstasy Red.

Just so this is perfectly clear: Torpedo Live and Torpedo C.A.B. share the same motherboard. So a line level signal processed in the Live and C.A.B. should sound exactly the same. ;)

Just an idea, but if people started posting some examples of 'dry' preamp tones - we can now test these in the BlendIR to see how they work with the Two-Notes range. It could be a really useful tool - you take a vanilla preamp tone from XX model - add your favorite IR's - then you get an idea how that might sound with your Live/Cab etc.

Riffmagus":3ns2ae8g said:
Just seen the Metallica Cab demo with Tech 21 - convinced pedals are the way forward to me - great, great tones!!

Where is this Metallica/Tech21 clip?

steve_k":2pymwl95 said:
Cool Metallica tone demo. I am thinking the CAB and a Mesa V-Twin Pedal would be fantastic.
I think the pedal into CAB is an interesting concept. A good pedal format preamp, or a pedal that suffices as a good preamp, is a fairly portable rig.

For a gigging musician playing FOH and using IEMs for monitoring, it's hard to get a simpler, more portable rig. Guitar and pedal board. Of course, I can see a large and expensive pedal board resulting with midi and a dozen pedals, but for a simple rig with a few basic pedals, a preamp, and a CAB....could be a sweet setup. When you're done, pack it all into your bags and walk out with your guitar over your shoulder and carrying your pedal board.

For jamming with buds or with no house system, you'd have to bring some kind of powered monitor or amp and monitor. Then it's on par with more traditional methods. Or, I guess everyone could have their on pedal board and go into a PA. Hmmm. That might be a great way of band practice or friendly jams without disturbing everyone.

EDIT: Ok, some of you might have seen my post on the Bogner Red and Uberschall pedals through the CAB, and how I wasn't real thrilled with the results. Anyway, turns out I had a bum cable in the signal chain...once I got that sorted out the Bogners were great. Just don't want anybody dissuaded from trying the Bogners based on my crappy cable! Excellent tones direct with the CAB.

Darden, is t too much if i ask you some new recordings with the new cable, especially with the red???
Thanx in advance

I had the blue and red pedals for a couple of weeks to try. I ran them into my Live as well. They were ok. I like the pedals but it wasn't working to my liking. I ended up getting my JVM Satriani amp back and am again, extremely happy with the results. I just got a smaller 2x12 Mesa cab to go with it. A little easier on my back! I have a house band gig tonight so I'm just going to bring the head, my live and a couple of pedals and see how it goes. They got some new in house monitors where we play so hopefully it all sounds great.

Back