[VIDEO] The C.A.B. Ride: Satch Sound

guillaume_pille

Dear all,

with my friend Sébastien Bizeul, we try to match some famous tones using only pedals and a Torpedo C.A.B.

We try to use only a few pedals and no post-production tricks, so you can be sure to find the same sound with a similar setup.

The first one was a test, trying to match Metallica's sound:

The second one is dedicated to Joe Satriani's sound, so the basis is the Vox Satchurator, and I let you discover what we were able to do with it... ;)

These two clips have sold me on the route to building a compact pedal board with my Cab for recording and live use. Simple great, organic tones!

I send your messages to Sébastien.

Actually he as 4-5 tracks showing how to match some kinds of tones. Apart from the fact that he is a serious player, he gets very close to the model in my opinion...

Hello everybody and thanks for your messages.
I use the C.A.B on stage or in studio and I think it's perfect when you want to record with your pedals.
Not many amplifiers sounds great with all kind of pedals but with a simple C.A.B. preset you can have the best of your pedals.
We're actually working on others videos...if you have any questions about the Torpedo C.A.B. I'm here!!!

seb bizeul":fnhco476 said:
Hello everybody and thanks for your messages.
I use the C.A.B on stage or in studio and I think it's perfect when you want to record with your pedals.
Not many amplifiers sounds great with all kind of pedals but with a simple C.A.B. preset you can have the best of your pedals.
We're actually working on others videos...if you have any questions about the Torpedo C.A.B. I'm here!!!
Impressive clips. I can't get that forward midrange that you have in your Satch clip with my amp. So I experimented with some pedals I had laying around. A Bad Monkey and a Boss DS-1. Neither got me the tone you have. I have the WOS and not the CAB, but I wouldn't think that should make a big difference. I did use the same cab model you had in your video. I had better results with my amp.

What are your settings in the CAB and what did you do in post? Also, I suppose it could be the guitar pickups as well, what pickups are in your guitar?

Hello Rogue!
In the second video I use the Brit VintC Cab (Marshall Slash Signature). This is one of my favourite cab.
The power amp is SE EL34. Depth: 83%. Type Pentode.
I use a Ribbon 160 virtual mic. Distance 1% Center 1%. I know...it's very close!!!
EQ Section: 120khz +3db ('cause the Satchurator doesn't have enough bass frequencies for me...)
360khz -2db 800khz -2db and +1db boost at 6khz.
I use the Xotic ACbooster with the lead sound to get that forward midrange.
I do nothing in post...
The pickups:
IBZ USA F2 (bridge) and IBZ USA F4 (neck).
I hope this can help you!

Great clips Seb!

What other artist tones do you have cooking up your sleeve? I'm seriously GASSING for the Bogner Red pedal - and being slightly biased would love to hear an Alice in Chains type demo using this and the Torpedo Cab.

seb bizeul":xqwg36rz said:
Hello Rogue!
In the second video I use the Brit VintC Cab (Marshall Slash Signature). This is one of my favourite cab.
The power amp is SE EL34. Depth: 83%. Type Pentode.
I use a Ribbon 160 virtual mic. Distance 1% Center 1%. I know...it's very close!!!
EQ Section: 120khz +3db ('cause the Satchurator doesn't have enough bass frequencies for me...)
360khz -2db 800khz -2db and +1db boost at 6khz.
I use the Xotic ACbooster with the lead sound to get that forward midrange.
I do nothing in post...
The pickups:
IBZ USA F2 (bridge) and IBZ USA F4 (neck).
I hope this can help you!
Thanks for that info. Quite interesting, there is nothing there that is a drastic EQ (minus to low end). I'm not familiar with those pickups. Are they particularly midrangey?

Back to experimenting. :LOL: :LOL:

Riffmagus":yv327ekr said:
Great clips Seb!

What other artist tones do you have cooking up your sleeve? I'm seriously GASSING for the Bogner Red pedal - and being slightly biased would love to hear an Alice in Chains type demo using this and the Torpedo Cab.

Thank you Riffmagus!
Next videos are:
Tom Morello sound and AC/DC sound.

Rogue":10dw94e8 said:
Thanks for that info. Quite interesting, there is nothing there that is a drastic EQ (minus to low end). I'm not familiar with those pickups. Are they particularly midrangey?

Back to experimenting. :LOL: :LOL:

No they are not particulary midrangey...
I think you have to try the Xotic AC Booster to get that forward midrange...really great mid boost for lead sound.
Let me know!

Wow. I have not been able to do this with pedals and my LIVE for live performance. But now I see it must be me :doh: :doh:

'but now I will be trying all over again because obviously it works, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Using a Vintage Revolution PedalPro as my analog pedals - but tried my Himmelstrutz as well. I need to woodshed - would love to stop hauling around the head :)

Great tones and great playing :rock:

We borrowed an Alairex HALO for the Sweetwater Gearfest and I had a blast using it with the Torpedo, my favorite ampless Torpedo config to date.

Andy

sysexguy":1xvpzdvk said:
We borrowed an Alairex HALO for the Sweetwater Gearfest and I had a blast using it with the Torpedo, my favorite ampless Torpedo config to date.

Andy

Are you going to the LA Amp Show? I'd like you to try the PedalPro with a C.A.B. or LIVE.

Back