Just got a C.A.B.....

xzyryabx

Guillaume, you and the rest of the two notes team have done a great job with this one!
Only just started playing with it but am pretty impressed!

it's built very well (externally at least, havent opened it up yet), the UI is intuitive and easy to navigate, and it was set up in minutes.

Definitely seems to be easier to use with clean and low/mid gain tones, but I was able to dial in a few high gain patches to work with my Savage 120 pre-amp as well as a SLO100 sim in the GT-10.

Not too much tweaking either which is always a plus!!

Some things I would like in the next version:
on/off switch; comes in handy when you keep the unit on your desk
rubber feet to hold it up vertically, again easier for desk use
ability to mix "impulses" (not sure what the preferred two notes terminology is!) a la leCab 2.
ability to add two mics simultaneously to one cabinet.
An integrated power soak; it's already expensive enough and this could throw it into used Live territory, but having a pedal format (not necessarily for a pedal board) combo of a C.A.B. and attenuator would be awesome!!)
L/R outputs, for shits and giggles

Hopefully i'll be able to post some high gain clips since I haven't really been blown away with any i've heard so far...but again, Guillaume and the rest fo the guys, good work!

Agree, it is a fatastic box and built like a tank.
The Torpedo CAB has been designed as a stomp box and the Torpedo Live is more for the use you are looking for desk or rack use with additional power soak.
However you have now the ability to mix impulses with the new Torpedo BlendIR software and load your final impulse back into your CAB.
Tried it out, works well.

Hello xzyryabx (I had to copy/paste...^^),

thank you for your feedback, I'll try to answer your questions. ;)

Some things I would like in the next version:
on/off switch; comes in handy when you keep the unit on your desk

Well, it's a pedal and an on/off switch on a pedal is not that common, but OK I'll think about it.

rubber feet to hold it up vertically, again easier for desk use

I am not sure I understand this one: you should have some rubber feet on the C.A.B., but I don't think you can hold the C.A.B. verticaly with those or any other rubber feet (I don't understand the question, right?).

ability to mix "impulses" (not sure what the preferred two notes terminology is!) a la leCab 2.
ability to add two mics simultaneously to one cabinet.

You have to try the Torpedo BlendIR: http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=135479

An integrated power soak; it's already expensive enough and this could throw it into used Live territory, but having a pedal format (not necessarily for a pedal board) combo of a C.A.B. and attenuator would be awesome!!)

I totally agree with you, the C.A.B. is expensive enough, but adding such a costy option (loadbox) won't let us keep the price the same. The product you are asking for is here already: the Torpedo Live. ;)

L/R outputs, for shits and giggles

L/R outputs, if it means stereo processing, means twice the CPU power needed. And that implies a noticeable price increase... ;)

now that i've spent more time with this i'm convinced this is the best gear related purchase I've made in quite a while!

guillaume, now I understand that it's meant to be in a pedal format...always figured you had intended it to double as a desktop unit as well....cause it's so pretty!
;-)
I am sure I am not alone to be using this primarily on my desk, since what i really want, but can't afford, is the live!!
I was just hinting at a mid-priced unit between the live and C.A.B.

will check out blendIR, sounds amazing, but would be nice to be able to manipulate that from the unit itself

and by rubber feet, I meant something like the feet on this modem,
378905-netgear-high-speed-cable-modem-cmd31t.jpg

just to stand it upright with the screen facing you if you're sitting down...but again...just a wish-list!

\m/

OK now I understand everything. ;)

About the feet, you can do a little DIY: you can replace ce screws at the back of the C.A.B. by some longer ones, so you can fix the C.A.B. to a metal/wood board.

You could even rack it vertically.

As this is really a VERY special use of the C.A.B., I can't promise you we will do something like that in a near future. ;)

Let me ask you something guys... I have an ENGL Ironball 20W and the head has a built in power soak. It also has a COMPENSATED LINE OUT. Do you think this level can match the input level of the C.A.B.??? Or should i buy the TORPEDO LIVE???
Thanx in advance

clark81":3k5lk2rc said:
Let me ask you something guys... I have an ENGL Ironball 20W and the head has a built in power soak. It also has a COMPENSATED LINE OUT. Do you think this level can match the input level of the C.A.B.??? Or should i buy the TORPEDO LIVE???
Thanx in advance

doesn't the ironball have an effects loop?
If so, just use the FX=loop send into the CAB.
Haven't tried the compensated out with it yet, but I have a feeling the FX loop send would get yu better results.

Of course it does... but i was thinking that the FX loop would just bring the preamp to the CAB and then put some power amp simulation from the unit.
The compensated out would include the power amp of the amp, and use the CAB just to provide cab sims

I am trying to find out the difference between

ENGL Ironball --> Compensated out --> C.A.B.

ENGL Ironball --> FX Send --> C.A.B.

ENGL Ironball --> Speaker out --> Torpedo Live (although I don't need the speaker load option, as the amp has a built in power soak)

You know that I'm sleeping at night, right? ^^ We're in France so I guess on a different time zone than you. ;)

It also has a COMPENSATED LINE OUT. Do you think this level can match the input level of the C.A.B.???

Compensated means (most of the time, check the user manual of your amp) there is a speaker simulation, kind of. So you shouldn't use this with a CAB, unless you can switch the simulation off on the amp.

If you can't, I would recommend using the Torpedo Live.

but i was thinking that the FX loop would just bring the preamp to the CAB and then put some power amp simulation from the unit.

This would work.

Finally, if there is a way to use the line out of the amp WITHOUT any kind of analog simulation in it, your are good to go with a C.A.B. I can't tell if you will get something as good as the Torpedo Live as I don't know how is designed the load in the amp, but you will get something similar.

Hehe... I live in Athens also... don't worry man.
Thanx for the quick response...
If we forget the speaker load option and the portability, would you recommend LIVE or C.A.B for using it mostly with guitar heads??
all of the heads (including an SLO and a Diezel Einstein) have a Line out.
Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

For using with head, I would recommend the Live, because wether the line out is compensated or not, the Live don't care. And you can still use the Line input on the Live if you want to try the power amp modeling.

i understand now the timezone issue: the forum prompt the US time zone I guess, I thought you asked for my help at 4AM... ;)

Back