Torpedo Cab - pedal input?

PBGas

Ok....so I have a Live and am very much enjoying it!

The Torpedo cab.....I noticed that it has a pedal input. Is this just a compensated line level thing?

I have been using my Bogner pedals straight into the Live without issue. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.... ;)

The Bogner pedal has more than enough gain to work with the line level input. The CAB has a bit more gain available when set to instrument level...in fact one can run a passive bass into it...whereas that wouldn't work as well with the Live. Most modern pedals would be fine into the Live.

Andy

I found the Bogner Red sounded like a 'blanket over the speakers' when using with the CAB - running a preamp after the Bogner sorts this out nicely. I'm using an AMT SS-30 on the clean channel and it's rocking out nicely with some Redwirez IR's.

Interesting!
I didn't have this issue.
I actually returned all three pedals. I just found that I was trying to chase a tone with the pedals when all along I had a far better and more authentic tone with my main amp which I got back thankfully. I also realized that it would be a nightmare switching these things in and out for the various songs I have to do live with the house band. They are good pedals, no question but they wouldn't work for my application.

I just bring my head, small pedalboard and the live to FOH now to gigs and it's all perfect and easy to carry!

Riffmagus":3uhjux6l said:
I found the Bogner Red sounded like a 'blanket over the speakers' when using with the CAB - running a preamp after the Bogner sorts this out nicely. I'm using an AMT SS-30 on the clean channel and it's rocking out nicely with some Redwirez IR's.

I was also thinking that the AMT Electronics SS-11 3-Channel Dual Tube Guitar Preamp before the Torpedo C.A.B. would be an ideal setup run straight into the P.A. seems like the tubes would really warm up any drives placed before it, I have a bunch of Carl Martin (large model) pedals and Im considering buying the AMT SS-11 just to run the Carl Martin's through the clean Channel before going into the C.A.B. and then into my mixer.

No offense to anyone, but I cant say Im a big fan of the Bogner pedals, they sound a bit thin and fizzy to me, I like the large model Carl Martin Plexitone and AC Tone much better and I paid alot less than Bogners newest line up, so to hear the "blanket comment" just confirms what I already heard myself, glad to know it wasnt just me, I dont like to knock any brands as we each have our own setups, preferences and applications, but it seems that the AMT lineup is perfectly suited for the Torpedo C.A.B. an amp in a couple stompboxes.

Back