Your favourite cabs/mics combinations?

hunter

So as you might have seen I made a load of clips using the Jubilee Green 2x12 with the Knightfall. Still for me the best sound for my taste.

Today I loaded some of the extra cabs, the Fane one is awesome, and I got really hooked onto the Elmwood 2x12 (Forest) with the Knightfall, SM57 or the U87. Amazing how different a V30 can sound depending on which cab it is in.

Which are your favourites for gainy chugging and soloing? Or do you prefer to load Redwirez or your own IRs?

Finally found a pretty tasty sound last night. I like using the ribbon 121 and rolling off some off the highs using the EQ with the 6L6. I forget what the cabinet is called but it's the XTC 4x12. Got some pretty nice clean and distorted tones.

Brit Vintage C / SM57

Works great with my amp. Actually amazing. I added my 2nd wedge and nearly dropped, just wicked good tone.

Loc9":j6hggw6y said:
Finally found a pretty tasty sound last night. I like using the ribbon 121 and rolling off some off the highs using the EQ with the 6L6. I forget what the cabinet is called but it's the XTC 4x12. Got some pretty nice clean and distorted tones.

It's one of the brightest cabs and one of the darkest mics, just tried this combination and it works actually pretty well, I have the 4K in the EQ down -5 dB.

I like the Alien Transformer greenbacks a lot of the TN default stuff, but I've been using my own captures/blends mostly.

Back