What Impulses to add to my Torpedo Live?

Mattfig

I am totally happy with the Torpedo Live as it is....But now that I am going this route I want to try a few other great impulses...WHat should I get? It's gotta be compatable with the Torpedo though as I don't have aplatform to run plug-ins....

Thanks!

Have you tried all 57 of the Torpedo cabinets that are available? the unit holds 32 at a time and changing them around takes about 20 seconds/per cab. To upload and convert IR's you would need a computer but no daw software or plugins are required.

Andy

Awesome! Thanks...Just logged into the forum at Two Notes for the 1st time and can't wait to try these impulses...They sound right up my alley!

Thank you guys.

OK, can't get the impulses to download correctly on my Mac....It wants to save them as html files....Also they say they are tur files? My files say tsr? Can't figure it out yet...Any help is appreciated as these impulses seem cool by description...

Hello Mattfig,

I made some tests and it appears that "safari" want to save our "tur" file as "html" file. You could either download them with "firefox" or change the file extension to "tur".

To change the file extension, select the file in your finder, click on "more info" and and delete ".html" from the box "Name & extension"

The "tur" file is our response format made with either "Torpedo Capture" or "Torpedo BlenderIR", they are specific to one setup (one cab, one mic). You have access to the overload parameter but you can't move the mic.
The "tsr" file is our factory response format made in our studio, they contains one cab and 8 mics. You have access to the overload parameter, the variphi parameter and you can move the mic.

Hey guys,

I just got my Live too. I tried to follow the link in this thread to get to the IR Exchange, but for some reason, it won't let me view the Index, or Download. Any ideas?

I LOVE the LIVE BTW. I've been having so much fun getting to know the unit, I doubt I've even scratched the surface!

Back