Marshall 4x12 with Celestion 25w G12M Pre-Rola's

RMCasey

Are there any plans of adding a cab like this to the two notes library? I know Redwirez has one but it will not give full functionality like a tur file. Either the actual Marshall cab or a Scumback cab with M75s would be great!

Also... Is there a way to blend two mics on one cab (SM57 and a condenser) and save them as a IR that can be loaded as a Torpedo Live preset? I have not started playing with Blend IR so this may work.

Thanks,
Ryan

Actually I am searching for this model but it is hard to find some that will sound good and be properly working. I keep searching... ;)

Actually we already have (they are all modern versions of the greeback:)

JubilGreen : Marshall® 2550 2×12″ Celestion® Greenback

Green Tri : Hughes&Kettner® Triamp 4×12″ Celestion® Greenback

RackHero : Suhr® CAA 4×12” CB Alien Transformer® 20W Greenback clones

Also... Is there a way to blend two mics on one cab (SM57 and a condenser) and save them as a IR that can be loaded as a Torpedo Live preset? I have not started playing with Blend IR so this may work.

You can do that with BlendIR, absolutely. To do that with the Torpedo Remote is a VB-101, VM-202 and PI-101 plugin function only.

Yeah a cab with Scumbacks or Rolas/PreRolas. You should do my 1973 Greyback straight cab. It sounds phenomenal :)

The Scumbacks are great and nail the Celestian Pre Rola tone! IMHO... I'd love to see an IR based on them. I don't have the mic setup to execure a capture ;) I have M-75s in my 4 x 12. I'd bet quite a few people would love to see this!... Just a thought.

So when you use BlendIR... are you able to save to a tur file once you execute the mic blend and then load it up as a preset for live use with the Torpedo Live? If so I've got to play around with this when I get home.

Appreciate the feedback!

Thanks,
Ryan

If considering all things vintage Marshall, then the 20W, 25W, 30W and more modern Greenbacks all sound different LOL!

My favorites are the 20W and 25W, and I find that the Redwirez work well for all (though lacking real-time functionality of course)...

+1 on the Scumbacks!

So when you use BlendIR... are you able to save to a tur file once you execute the mic blend and then load it up as a preset for live use with the Torpedo Live?

This is the main purpose of BlendIR.

If considering all things vintage Marshall, then the 20W, 25W, 30W and more modern Greenbacks all sound different LOL!

I can add: take the same 20W and listen to them in different cabinets, you will ear some serious differences.

guillaume_pille":3cj75u35 said:
I can add: take the same 20W and listen to them in different cabinets, you will ear some serious differences.

Just listen how night and day different the Jubilee V30, The Bogner V30, the Diezel and the Engl sound in the Torpedo. Same speaker, 4 totally different tones.

guillaume_pille":3f6isjxd said:
RackHero : Suhr® CAA 4×12” CB Alien Transformer® 20W Greenback clones
This one is my favorite of the stock GB cabs. It doesn't have the low end of other speakers which may be a turn off to most, but it has a nice warm tone.

Indeed, quite true, though for the purposes of my post I was considering them in period correct vintage Marshall boxes.

guillaume_pille":eopk5rsr said:

I downloaded about 3 different Cab IR's from Redwirez. For 9 bucks I got like 16 different mics, and then all the different mic placements. Center, edge cap, edge, etc. They sound really good. Their 68' basketweave with original greenbacks is a great sounding IR

All the Redwirez stuff sounds great (as in "accurate", worts and all etc!), and they work great with the Two Notes Torpedo products.

hunter":2ik5qtur said:
guillaume_pille":2ik5qtur said:

Just listen how night and day different the Jubilee V30, The Bogner V30, the Diezel and the Engl sound in the Torpedo. Same speaker, 4 totally different tones.

This is very true!

I'm loving the Jubilee V30! Sounds great!
In reality though....all of the cabs listed sound amazing!

:rock:

Back