Pedals with Torpedo Live

Newt

I saw the video with Sébastien Bizeul using pedals and the CAB. He duplicated Joe Satriani's sound.
Here is the link. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=135525

Can I use the same pedals with the Torpedo Live at the Line input? I just got the Torpedo Live and I am
not liking the sound I am geting with my old 1980 Laney Pro tube Lead 50 Head. But this video is the sound I am looking for.
I am thinking about taking back my Torpedo Live and getting the CAB instead with the exact pedals shown in the video and ditching my Laney
Head for recording purposes.
Love to be able to get that sound live too.

When it comes to the line input on the Live, it is exactly the same as the CAB. (Just remember to use presets with the Power Amp sim turned on when you're using pedals/preamps with the Live).

To quote Guillaume at Two Notes:

"Just so this is perfectly clear: Torpedo Live and Torpedo C.A.B. share the same motherboard. So a line level signal processed in the Live and C.A.B. should sound exactly the same."

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=135513

Hi Newt,

Can I use the same pedals with the Torpedo Live at the Line input? I just got the Torpedo Live and I am
not liking the sound I am geting with my old 1980 Laney Pro tube Lead 50 Head. But this video is the sound I am looking for.
I am thinking about taking back my Torpedo Live and getting the CAB instead with the exact pedals shown in the video and ditching my Laney
Head for recording purposes.
Love to be able to get that sound live too.

First of all you should try to plug the Vox to the Torpedo Live. I can't tell you if there will be enough level at the Vox output but I think it will work. If the level is not high enough on the Live (ie you can barely see the first green light flashing with maximum gain at the input, max volume output on the pedal) then you should try it with the C.A.B.

Another option would be to setup up a clean tone on the Laney and put the Vox pedal in front of it. This could be the best solution with the Torpedo Live, to keep a more versatile system.

Back