New C.A.B. convert in the house

micycle

Greetings from Brooklyn NY! I've been on the hunt for a cabinet sim in a portable pedal for a while now.. Long story short I've used BOSS' line of GT pedals faithfully over the years due to their reliability and functionality (currently using the GT-100). I love 'em to death but the cabinet sims aren't my bag. I stumbled across the C.A.B. in my search and just took delivery on it last Friday - haven't been able to put it or my guitars down since!

I live in NYC and lugging a guitar cab around on subways isn't the most fun thing to do a lot of the time. I'm really hoping that I can use the C.A.B. instead, at least at gigs where I know there's a somewhat reliable PA/sound tech. I've only played with the C.A.B. through headphones but think I'm going to walk the C.A.B. tightrope at my gig this Thursday.

Here is a demo I made with it - this is by no means a finished/pro recording.. I took an existing session of one of my tunes, wiped all the guitars out and replaced them with 1 live guitar track playing exactly how I play live with the band and my BOSS GT pedal. No post EQ/mastering or anything.. this is pure C.A.B.: https://soundcloud.com/micycle/bob-forre ... -torpedo-c

I've tweaked the C.A.B. settings a bit since this recording and am still fine tuning but it's so nice to just be able to feed my GT into it and not have tweak any my GT's patches. I can use the same patches I use through my real cabinets. Less tweaking = more time for my hands to remain where they should be: on my guitar!

Thanks for this brilliant product, Two Notes! Rock & roll.

Glad you are enjoying the CAB and getting great sounds, just a note, your link takes one back to the two notes site.

Andy

Thank you micycle for the kind words and the very interesting sound sample, I'll check your music.

Having something else than djent/death/thrash and other kind of metal, from time to time, is very relaxing. ^^

Thanks! This was just a rough demo to try my live pedalboard settings with.. can't wait to dig in with multitracking this weekend!

Back