Make Your Own IR for Two Notes Product!It sounds real!

Thank you Jimmy that is actually the video I plan to do for 4 years now...

You don't use the protocol I would recommend but, hey, it's all about the result, isn't it? ;)

I'll share your video on the Two Notes FB page. ;)

guillaume_pille":2jy60ni5 said:
Thank you Jimmy that is actually the video I plan to do for 4 years now...

You don't use the protocol I would recommend but, hey, it's all about the result, isn't it? ;)

I'll share your video on the Two Notes FB page. ;)
THX, I have also waited 4 years for a real hardware IR loader like that. I hate the lantency problem when using the software IR loader on PC. And Torpedo CAB has an amazing ADDA method. It's almost like using an analog device! Amazing! BTW, Protool is great, but it's expensive for a nonprofessional player in China. :)

guillaume_pille":7ogx6xhe said:
BTW, Protool is great, but it's expensive for a nonprofessional player in China.

Maybe you read "protools" instead of "protocol" in my post? ;)

I was talking about the way we are doing the captures ourselves:

http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgebase.php?article=65

But what you did is good and the sound is very good. ;)
All right! I got it. I'm just familiar with my cab and I love the sound of my 1960A and Torpedo CAB almost copy that. I can do a lot of silent recordings from now on! I will try BlendIR next time.

guillaume_pille":208ma2uo said:
The Tubes pictures in poweramp section of Torpedo Remote(MS Windows) are wrong. Hope you can fix it.

What is wrong exactly? I will make sure we look into it.
I believe what the picture shows is KT88 not EL84. The others are also wrong.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,314
So I saw the video link from Facebook and I came here to see if there was a thread. In Jimmy's captures his rig sounds almost identical to the actual miked up cab. I know the process he used doesn't exactly follow the recommended Two Notes procedures from the knowledge base, but if you are going to use the IR's with the same signal chain (through your own amp pre/power sections etc) can you expect to get consistent results like Jimmy did? I would love to create IR's using a separate power amplifier and some great mic-pre's but I don't have that equipment on hand. I do have a PreSonus Audiobox and some decent microphones, and I would love to get some IR's that emulate my amp head and cabs.

I realize that the IR's wont be very neutral using this method, but are there any downsides if I am just trying to emulate my exact rig to use with my load box and Torpedo C.A.B. ? Obviously I can do some experimentation and see if I like the results, but up to this point I didn't realize you could do something like Jimmy did and get good results.

I would love to get some IR's that emulate my amp head and cabs.

Well, the IR can't model you head tone entirely. For example you can't have the distortion of you amp with a simple IR.

But you can get a really good tone using Jimmy's process. ;)

There is no risk at trying. ;)

guillaume_pille":vwa1fq4n said:
I would love to get some IR's that emulate my amp head and cabs.

Well, the IR can't model you head tone entirely. For example you can't have the distortion of you amp with a simple IR.

But you can get a really good tone using Jimmy's process. ;)

There is no risk at trying. ;)

I used a poor choice of words in my previous statement. What I really meant to say is that I would like to create some IR's that match my gear, in other words my Fargen Mini Plex MK II and my 2x12 with WGS Green Beret Speakers. I did some test captures this evening with my PreSonus Audiobox, an SM57 and an Audix i5. I have the mics mounted on a stereo bar at a 45 degree angle to each other with the SM57 on axis and the i5 off axis. I took a capture of each mic about and inch off the grill cover at the speaker edge, the middle, and just to the side of the dust cap (so 6 captures overall, three for each mic). I then used the Torpedo BlendIR to mix some IR's. I got great results just mixing the SM57 and i5 together at equal levels without even making any eq changes. The IR I created from the mid speaker position of both mics ended up being the best for the plexi setting I was using.

I don't know how well any IR's I create using Jimmy's process will translate to other amps, but for the purposes of making IR's of my own signal chain the results are outstanding with very little effort. I'm going to spend some time doing some captures from various positions and distances from the speaker with each mic both on and off axis. I should be able to get enough combinations to mix up some great IR's using the Torpedo BlendIR.

I've got to hand it to Two Notes, this capture and mix process is very quick and easy. Before I bought the Torpedo C.A.B. I was using an isolation box that I built. I could never get results that could even hold a candle to what I just got in 30 minutes worth of work using the Two Notes capture and Torpedo BlendIR.

Back