[SOLVED]Problems using my Torpedo Live

Frank Bouman

He Guys, I'be just bought a Torpedo Live and cant seem to get it working. Even listening to it through either the headphone out or a mixer, the signal had way too much gain and sizzle. Also, even using the thru to hook my speaker cab, there seems to be more dirt on the signal too.

Do you have any idea on how to overcome this?

My signal path is: guitar (EVH wolfgang), Elmwood modena60, Torpedo Live (Elmwood 2x12)
Cheers, Frank

Hi Frank how hot is the input signal (there is a ladder of led's on the front panel/ If you connect the free remote software, you can even more easily visualize the gain flow. You want the green LED's lit and the yellow just starting to flicker. The left most knob on the front panel is your adjustment (or your Modena's master volume).

Second thing to check is whether your preset is calibrated for "AMP" or "Line" ...the preset title says amp or line, Line presets add the power amp modeling section. When used with an amp, there would be a cascaded power amp effect that is usually "too brown".

Finally, if you can connect the speaker, try the Torpedo using the line input from a parallel effect send into the line input. This will ascertain whether the unit perhaps has an issue with the a/d converter.

DO NOT CONNECT THE SPEAKER OUT TO THE LINE INPUT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE (sorry for the shouting caps, but this is a safety matter and this thread will be read by others once we've solved your issues)

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried your first and second suggestions, but that did not work out. As for the third, how do I hook this up? wouldnt I be sending an input to an input then? I am quite a noob on these matters...

Hmmm, I've just tried that also but that didn't do anything either. I got no sound whatsoever then. Any further ideas? Btw, thanks for the help!

if you connected the Torpedo Live with S/PDIF to your sound interface, you will hear a filtered (with speaker simulation) and unfiltered signal. The unfiltered sounds so as you described. In this case you need to mute the unfiltered signal. Or you shall connect the Torpedo Live to your interface only with a normal cable (Torpedo Line out --> Sound Card/Mixer).

Hello Guillaume,

I have seen your answer through the Help Desk and we will take it up there from now. I just wanted to say that I am very, very impressed by the level of customer service and attention by your company. In my experience, it is second to none. Answering questions on a sunday night is something I have not seen yet from another company. Thanks so much!!

That is what happens when I have to work late on sundays, well, actually this is quite often. ;)

Hopefully we don't have that much support to do. So we try to do it well, we the help of Andy and all the good willing customers that can help on the forum.

Well...I gues I owe Guillaume, Andy and everyone at Two Notes a BIG mea culpa...

Yesterday, I plugged the Live into our soundsystem at the rehearsal space and it sounded awesome. Apparantly, the stuff I tried it with at home just wasn't good enough. I am so sorry to have taken so much of your time and energy when it was not needed, my apologies for that!

I really, really appreciate the customer service of Two Notes. It is of the highest order! I look forward to playing with the Live and will spread the word on the awesomeness of it!!

Many thanks & best regards,
Frank

Back