VB 101: fizzy sound on digital out

lanner

Hi all,

I use the VB 101 since approximately 3 month and I´m still happy with it. I used to record via the analog outputs but went on using the digital output to record the wet signal through a Steinberg mr816 csx. Now there is a difference of sound between the analog out and the digital out SPDIF. The sound is fizzier somehow like a ringing when a I hit a string.

Is this normal or do I have wrong settings. Would be great to get that problem fixed. Thanks a lot.

Try checking your setup mode : Output could be set to WET/DRY and you are listening to the DRY side

Also check if your MIX is set to 100% between a cab and a bypassed cab.

The digital outs should mirror the analog outs so check what you're getting on the other analog out.

Finally are you otherwise getting a proper signal ie no clicks, pops or drop outs? Sometimes this may only occur every minute....symptom of a clocking error. If you have a metering plug in, set it for infinite hold and go have a coffee.....if the meter is reading something, there's a clock error somewhere.

Andy

Thanks Andy, I couldn't have said better.

Obviously this is a dry/wet issue, either in the SETUP or in the cab/mic menu, don't worry lanner this is easy to fix. ;)

Thank you for the quick replies. My wet/dry settings were correct but I found that the sync was wrong. I changed it from internal to SPDIF and the problem seems to be fixed.
Thanx again.

Back