Question regarding the 100W rating of the Live

hunter

Does the Torpedo Live cope with a fully cranked 100W Marshall (that might put out quite a bit more than 100W)?
Proper ventilation provided of course...

I'm no expert, but I remember the two notes team saying that a fully cranked 100W will produce more than 100, and will probably overload the live....so I wouldn't do it!

Well, we are not in a "0 or 1" area here;

The Live can handle crazy peak levels at the input (more than 200V) so there is no problem with having a very powerful amp.

The limitation will be in the time you have before the security will switch off the sound.

A 100W Marshall JVM410 can output around 150W with all buttons soldered to max. Of course the sound is heavily distorted and I don't really know how many time the amp can handle that.

Anyway, the Live will see its temperature increasing, and simply go into security when it is too high. There is no danger, no problem, everything will go back to normal when the temperature is low enough.

So I don't recommend to try this on stage, do it at home and you will see what is reasonable to do. ;)

guillaume_pille":17z6gdal said:
Well, we are not in a "0 or 1" area here;

The Live can handle crazy peak levels at the input (more than 200V) so there is no problem with having a very powerful amp.

The limitation will be in the time you have before the security will switch off the sound.

A 100W Marshall JVM410 can output around 150W with all buttons soldered to max. Of course the sound is heavily distorted and I don't really know how many time the amp can handle that.

Anyway, the Live will see its temperature increasing, and simply go into security when it is too high. There is no danger, no problem, everything will go back to normal when the temperature is low enough.

So I don't recommend to try this on stage, do it at home and you will see what is reasonable to do. ;)

Ah that is cool. Coz yesterday I played that BE100 at around 6-7 on the master, glorous tone, just wanted to make sure I'm not gonna blow up my precious Torpedo :)

Ah that is cool. Coz yesterday I played that BE100 at around 6-7 on the master, glorous tone, just wanted to make sure I'm not gonna blow up my precious Torpedo

We built smart products for smart people, I am sure you will be OK. ;)

Back