What new cabinets would you want?

djd100":3qs1p1yy said:
I've had great results hosting Sigma 3 Acoustic IR's with my Torpedo CAB, for Acoustic Steel String, Mandolin, and Resonator (different Rezonator IR's, Biscuit and Tri-Cone).

They have them for Piezo and Mag pickups.

http://www.3sigmaaudio.com/acoustic-impulses/

agt":3qs1p1yy said:
I'm new; just got my Torpedo Studio a couple of weeks ago. Love it!!! :thumbsup:

I would like to see something(s) specifically for piezo pickups on acoustic guitars. Or perhaps there are already Two Notes IRs that would work in that application. If so I would appreciate any suggestions.

It took me a while to follow up, but I finally purchased some of the 3 Sigma Audio acoustic guitar impulses and they are perfect for my needs. Thank you for suggesting these!

I can say quite confidently that after having a few Torpedo Live units over the past 4 years and now a Studio that the 4x12 Mesa cabs both Two-Notes and the outsourced ones that they use for LeBoutique, really need to go back to the drawing board. The 212 and 1x12 Mesas are actually quite decent. However, the 4x12s are no where near what they should be after running my head through a Mesa OS cab and a Regular mesa 4x12....not even remotely close.

Now...on the other side of the coin, that being said, the Bogner cabs both Two-Notes and the outsourced LeBoutique units are absolutely spot on and sound fabulous! I've had a chance to compare the real vs. IR and they are outstanding.

Oh well...you win some, you lose some. I do realize that creating these models is a very time consuming process and am thankful for what has been done thus far but at the end of the day, I did pay for these. I should have taken greater time to listen more to them like I did with the Bogner units. Lesson learned.

Hi PBGas,

there is no "drawing board" per se. Only studios doing captures of their cabinets and releasing them when they find them to be 100% on point.

I understand that when you do a miking of your own cabinets it sounds different and if you're not happy with the few Mesa 4x12 we have (http://store.two-notes.com/index.ph...=desc&search_query=calif&submit_search=Search and http://store.two-notes.com/index.php?id_product=119&controller=product&id_lang=2) i encourage you to do your own captures with BlendIR and tweak them until you're happy. ;)

I get it, Guillaume. No worries. I realize it is outsourced.

I've contacted Andy and may take him up on his offer to do a couple of the cabs I have.

That's a great idea, Andy has a god studio and great outboard to do the capture. Plus experience.

I wasn't saying it is outsourced as an excuse or anything for releasing bad sounding cabinet ha ha. It's just that the studios we work with (and I include the first 60 cabinets we did in our studio) put on the market what they find to be close enough to what they hear in their room with their recording gear. ;)

guillaume_pille":hiv508x1 said:
That's a great idea, Andy has a god studio and great outboard to do the capture. Plus experience.

I wasn't saying it is outsourced as an excuse or anything for releasing bad sounding cabinet ha ha. It's just that the studios we work with (and I include the first 60 cabinets we did in our studio) put on the market what they find to be close enough to what they hear in their room with their recording gear. ;)

If you are able to contact producers/studio owners in this tier, I'd strongly request that you check out the possibility that we could have a few cab sims produced from audiohammer studio. Jason and Mark there are known for the top tier producers in today's metal/rock production alongside Sneap and colin richardson. And their guitar tones are just golden.

Back