What new cabinets would you want?

An M75 loaded Scumback cab would be great. A Heil mic would be nice too, as they have a great midrange and a lot of clarity. Just some ideas that would reflect the new equipment that is gaining popularity with today's music.

se7en":21ggw6bd said:
An M75 loaded Scumback cab would be great. A Heil mic would be nice too, as they have a great midrange and a lot of clarity. Just some ideas that would reflect the new equipment that is gaining popularity with today's music.

That would be my favourite too. Old Marshall Cab with M75s and Heil PR20.

A Heil PR30 would be my choice, which is what Jerry Cantrell is using. I love that mic - captures guitars so well and sounds bigger than a 57 with a nice high end. I think it would be a popular choice for Two Notes users.

Dear all,

please post in this thread the cabinets you would like to see added to the Two Notes library. We do our best to find them, even if some models still hare hard to find (vintage or boutique stuff).

We appoint studios right now to help building the library faster, so if you own a studio and wish to participate in this program, please contact me through the Help Desk so I explain the concept. Basically, the upcoming new cabinets from 3rd party studios will be available through the Two Notes Store, so we provide you the way to sell the result of your work and the software required to do the capture in the proprietary .tsr format.

I'd like to see more real vintage speakers used in the cab IR sampling. The reissue speaker sound different. Using vintage speakers also is a selling point.

Speakers I'd like to see sampled.
Dumble 2x12" with 1980s G12-65 for the Dumble maniacs - doesn't have to be original Dumble cabs; there are clones out there.
The underrated Celestion G12S-20 (T1416) speaker.
The Altec 417H used in the old Fender Twin Reverbs.
There's way too many Celestion V30 in the list. How about sprucing up your list with vintage G12M Greenbacks with the Pulsonic, RIC and Kurt Muller cones.

Will the libraries be .TSR extension with the ability to adjust cone position/distance/type ???
I'm interested to participate in building the library. How can I go about it ???

Will the libraries be .TSR extension with the ability to adjust cone position/distance/type ???
I'm interested to participate in building the library. How can I go about it ???

Yes, it will be .tsr's (so with overload, variphi, microphone position).

To participate simply send a message through our Help Desk:

http://support.two-notes.com/

There are some requirements and important things to be discussed, one of them is that a capture of one cabinet takes 3 hours for an experienced technician. ;)

There's way too many Celestion V30 in the list.

Actually we have original and modern V30, which are different, but to me the difference between the cabinets themselves is bigger than that. Do the test, all the V30 cabinets sound really different. ;)

While I really dig what you have I would love to see...

1. an old super reverb cab
2. A Two-Rock 2x12 with any flavor 65s in it or similar with the g12-65s

Thanks!

How about multiple TUR file captures so that we can mix and match with Torpedo BlendIR? I would be way more interested in multiple TUR file captures than more TSR options. Would it be possible to offer both file types from third parry studios?

Vintage Marshall 4x12 with original 55Hz Greenbacks
Vintage Marshall 4x12 with original 75Hz Greenbacks

Heil PR20 and/or PR30

M75 loaded Scumback 4x12.... seems to be a recurring theme... +1 on that!!!!

for the mic.... how about a AKG 214 or AKG 414?

Blend IR is great but I'd also love to see some professionally blended presets. Perhaps some that mix a dynamic mic (like the SM57) with a condenser mic like the AKG.

Just my $.02

Blend IR is great but I'd also love to see some professionally blended presets. Perhaps some that mix a dynamic mic (like the SM57) with a condenser mic like the AKG.

You mean, IRs in .tur format created/mixed by someone who know what's he's doing ?

guillaume_pille":8o4q2h32 said:

You mean, IRs in .tur format created/mixed by someone who know what's he's doing ?
Yes please! Also multiple .tur captures with various mics/positions that we can blend to taste with Torpedo BlendIR would be great as well!

hunter":iu1fmso3 said:

Heil PR20 and/or PR30

+1 Try to find a number of really great vintage 4x12 cabs (ca 1967-77) with different versions of the Green/Cream and Blackbacksback (H and M modells, different cones etc..)
I think the Torpedo products is really missing in this area.

tokyo tapes":3h8gduz0 said:
hunter":3h8gduz0 said:

Heil PR20 and/or PR30

+1 Try to find a number of really great vintage 4x12 cabs (ca 1967-77) with different versions of the Green/Cream and Blackbacksback (H and M modells, different cones etc..)
I think the Torpedo products is really missing in this area.

Totally agree !!!

Back