What new cabinets would you want?

Since I mentioned it in another thread and finally found this one I have a request:

My favorite speaker is the G12-65 (either the original or the heritage reissues are very good.) I have the Ownhammer version and it is one I use a lot, but of course it doesn't have the options I would have with it being a WOS plugin choice.

I have the Two-Rock cab which has a similar speaker, but it's not really the same at all (I have a Two Rock cab with heritage G12-65 in it and it sounds very different with those speakers.)

But I'd like a 4x12 and a 2x12 if possible since we're dreaming anyway :)

Griff

Mesa Boogie Raod King. Both the 2x12 and the 4x12. It would also be nice with some new micks. I'd love to have the Shure KSM 313.

I think that is important to say again that the current microphones are attached to the cabinet you can find them with.

In other word, we do not "add" a microphone tone signature to a cabinet tone signature, both are captured as a whole.

We authorized the Capture Masters to use whatever microphones they want, so if they read you they may want to ad that microphone to the list but only for future releases. ;)

So I have a friend in town with a nice studio. He and I have passed around the idea of doing some cabs for the Two Notes products. I have 2x Splawn 212's. One loaded with Celestion G12M-65 Creambacks, one loaded with a V30/H30 combo. I also have a Marshall MF400 loaded with Celestion K100's. He has some solid cabs as well.

Any interest in these from other fellow Two Notes users?

JerEvil":2l8mjmlw said:
So I have a friend in town with a nice studio. He and I have passed around the idea of doing some cabs for the Two Notes products. I have 2x Splawn 212's. One loaded with Celestion G12M-65 Creambacks, one loaded with a V30/H30 combo. I also have a Marshall MF400 loaded with Celestion K100's. He has some solid cabs as well.

Any interest in these from other fellow Two Notes users?

Yeah I'm definitely interested in G12M65 Creamback cabs.

I'm new; just got my Torpedo Studio a couple of weeks ago. Love it!!! :thumbsup:

I would like to see something(s) specifically for piezo pickups on acoustic guitars. Or perhaps there are already Two Notes IRs that would work in that application. If so I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi agt,

with acoustic I would recommend trying bass cabinets. We do not have specific cabinets for acoustic guitar, but that's something we should work on.

I also have been asked for some 1x8 guitar cabinets and some 1X15 electro voice speakers.

Another I would love to have is the Mesa 212 Vertical recto cab. Absolutely love mine!

I've had great results hosting Sigma 3 Acoustic IR's with my Torpedo CAB, for Acoustic Steel String, Mandolin, and Resonator (different Rezonator IR's, Biscuit and Tri-Cone).

They have them for Piezo and Mag pickups.

http://www.3sigmaaudio.com/acoustic-impulses/

agt":2wolnh93 said:
I'm new; just got my Torpedo Studio a couple of weeks ago. Love it!!! :thumbsup:

I would like to see something(s) specifically for piezo pickups on acoustic guitars. Or perhaps there are already Two Notes IRs that would work in that application. If so I would appreciate any suggestions.

How about some WGS speakers, MOW speakers cabinets? Maybe the Revv 412? And I was always interested about how those mill acoustic oversize 412 sounded like, but they seemed too rare since the business were unable to sustain themselves and not many eventually receive the good from em.

and a thing with all my torpedo .tur sims compared to 3rd party IRs is that their IRs seem to have a much wider frequency range which reflect truly what is going about the cab shaking and speaker moving. Little nuances that suggesting the cab is interacting/taking power from those heads and scream out. And more dynamics too. It is rather easy for me to get my amp's low punch to the gut through my ear, my mic and monitor, but not these IRs/.turs. And less dynamic too. Hope I'm not asking too much though.

and is the off axis thing ever coming for us at all?

Hi xuan8839,

there is a Revv combo with WGS, but that should be the only one right now I'm afraid.

and a thing with all my torpedo .tur sims compared to 3rd party IRs

I'm not sure I follow you here: the .tur are generated by BlendIR (and different from the virtual cabinets), are you talking about that?

And what do you call the 3rd party, cabinets in .wav file from other vendors or the Capture Masters cabinets such as the ones from Mirador?

There is no question of dynamics in IRs or even our technology, convolution cannot change the dynamic of the sound, it's just not possible.

But maybe are you talking about the playing sensation, and usually it's something that happens in the low frequency.

The standard cabinets we give with all the hardware units are designed to be easy to mix and kind light in low frequency for that purpose. But moving the mike off axis or using ribbon microphones will usually give you plenty of low.

Sorry but that I don't understand either. You can set your microphone where you want with any virtual cabinet.

.tur are just ONE capture so there is no possibility to move the microphone.

guillaume_pille":16ik0q3z said:
Hi xuan8839,

there is a Revv combo with WGS, but that should be the only one right now I'm afraid.

and a thing with all my torpedo .tur sims compared to 3rd party IRs

I'm not sure I follow you here: the .tur are generated by BlendIR (and different from the virtual cabinets), are you talking about that?

And what do you call the 3rd party, cabinets in .wav file from other vendors or the Capture Masters cabinets such as the ones from Mirador?

There is no question of dynamics in IRs or even our technology, convolution cannot change the dynamic of the sound, it's just not possible.

But maybe are you talking about the playing sensation, and usually it's something that happens in the low frequency.

The standard cabinets we give with all the hardware units are designed to be easy to mix and kind light in low frequency for that purpose. But moving the mike off axis or using ribbon microphones will usually give you plenty of low.

Sorry but that I don't understand either. You can set your microphone where you want with any virtual cabinet.

.tur are just ONE capture so there is no possibility to move the microphone.

By the off axis thing I meant the option of placing the mics at different angles towards cab other than straight on.

I agree with your statement that most of the capture is indeed light on the lows.

But I think we are talking about different spectrums of low frequencies. Especially the sub 100hz frequencies where usually the punch exists.

As I stated in my original post, many(especially the earlier ones) of your virtual cabs lacks extreme highs and lows in the whole frequency spectrum.
Which means when you move mic off centre of cone, you cut high mid brightness and lower mids frequencies stands out a bit more(200-500hz). which essentially only making it more muddy.
That is not the lows I am looking for, rather than a real pronounced but not boomy sub 100hz low punch. I could only achieve the bass punch of a cab by a wide band compression from 100-500hz in my DAW. and remember the 200-500hz thing I just said? ironically enough those are the frequencies that actually masks all the low end punch sub 100hz.

And the on board EQ(of a torpedo live)does not have a 'Q' option or switchable frequency band so the muddy frequencies are not easy to dial out without using a plugin from the DAW.

So I actually resolve to many other impulse response that I purchased on my own in wave format.
and some of them, especially by kalthallen who also did a virtual cab with you, actaully has the low end preserved in his 12 euro packs IR compared to the virtual cab......
and that is where I understand to get the best sound out of this unit, is to actually capture your own IR with the head and store it inside so you still brings the head with the unit.
That has a little more flexibility than a kemper. But it will then be a clear loss, when the default on board available virtual cabs are actually sonically sub par.

Oh and by the way here is another cab suggestion for you, Blackstar S1 412 oversize with V30s.

GregM":2w2fph4o said:
Please add a Friedman cabinet, preferably the 4x12 with SM57 or PR30.

There is a Friedman 4x12.
V30 And G12M captured by a bunch of great mics and preamps.
Capture Master Noise Factory studio "Fried25" and "Fried30"

I ll capture soon a 1x12 Friedman Dirty Shirley Creamback m65)and a 2x12 Friedman vintage

For creamback H75 the Suhr PT (USA PT) in Noise Factory captures is the good choice ;)

... the Dumble maniacs - doesn't have to be original Dumble cabs; there are clones out there. The underrated Celestion G12S-20 (T1416) speaker. The Altec 417H used in the old Fender Twin Reverbs. There's way too many Celestion V30 in the list. How about sprucing up your list with vintage G12M Greenbacks ...

4 years later, just snagged a 2x12 with Altecs....coming soon.... let's say fall '17 for the capture, there's a long list to do.

Back