Torpedo Remote hanging?

kahawe

So I am trying to connect my brandnew live to my iMac (os x 10.8.5) via USB to be able to use the remote software; got the latest version for Mac OS X from your website. But as soon as I start the software with the live already connected (or connecting it later), the software says "waiting for connection..." and then just hangs and nothing really happens anymore. I am sure it can see the live because it appears under the "device" menu.

Do I have to "accept" the connection on the live somehow or change something in the setup first? :confused:

Hello kahawe,

Could you check if your firmware version is the last one ? It should be the 1.32

Enter the SETUP mode.
Navigate to the firmware menu.

If it's any version below 1.32, you need to update your Live.

To do so:
- Power on your Live hold the "Edit" button down.
- Start the Torpedo Remote. It should ask if you want to update your Live.
- Follow the instructions on the Remote.

Cordialement/Sincerely,

salut Quentin!

Yes, the firmware is indeed 1.32! If it was not, I could not update the firmware since it does not properly connect to the "remote" application on my iMac. I can see my live's serial in the "remote" app title when I connect via USB but remote still says "Waiting for connection..." and then it seems my whole USB stack crashes, my audio interface acts strange, the mouse moves a lot faster and the whole machine is kinda hanging until I disconnect USB again. I see a crash report in "console" in os x.

Code:
Process:         Torpedo Remote [274]
Path:            /Applications/Two Notes Audio Engineering/Torpedo Remote.app/Contents/MacOS/Torpedo Remote
Identifier:      fr.two-notes.TorpedoRemote
Version:         2.1.12 (2.1.12)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [138]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2013-10-03 20:48:09.376 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F37)
Report Version:  10

Crashed Thread:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
--> __PAGEZERO             0000000000000000-0000000000001000 [    4K] ---/--- SM=NUL  /Applications/Two Notes Audio Engineering/Torpedo Remote.app/Contents/MacOS/Torpedo Remote
    __TEXT                 0000000000001000-000000000220c000 [ 34.0M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Two Notes Audio Engineering/Torpedo Remote.app/Contents/MacOS/Torpedo Remote

...etc...

Any other USB device works fine on that iMac.

I connected the live to my old macbookpro and it worked right away. That is running on OS X 1.7.5. I don't have any issues with the iMac... strange. :/

Another happy Apple story: we have 5 different Mac under 10.8.5, all working properly, here is a screenshot of my Macbook Air (bought 2 weeks ago) with a Torpedo Live:

MacbookAir_Remote.jpg

That's the problem with the class compliant driver we use, Apple loves to rewrite it as often as possible, while Windows stays close to the standard.

We will have to digg deep to find where is the problem, Quentin will keep you posted.

Newb here.
I just hooked up my torpedo live and got the same message the guy who originally posted this did. This post was back in 2013 and I can't see where it has been answered to where I can get some help from it, so I will repeat the whole thing.
My firmware is up to date and it recognizes my unit and the serial number. I just can't get it to do anything as it is stuck in "waiting for connection" mode. How can I get it to where it connects?

I had this happen after I updated to the version of the software that includes the Capture Masters etc., however, once I restarted the machine all worked fine. It sounds silly, but maybe try restarting your system & trying again.

Back