Uploading Ownhammer IR in Torpedo Live

Frank Bouman

Hi guys,

I just bought some Ownhammer IRs to upload in my beloved Two Notes Torpedo Live.

Now....how do I do that? Do I need the wav-files from Ownhammer and then change them to tur-files?

I am a :doh: when it comes to this kind of stuff....

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank,

You do not need to translate from .wav to .tur, the Torpedo Live can handle any wav or aiff file, you just have to take a look at the manual (Want more Irs?) where you will find the way to upload IRs to your Live with Torpedo Remote. ;)

You have 2 options, Quick Preview (the IR is in a kind of RAM that will be erased after a power off) of traditional memory upload.

Frank Bouman":3awxjshw said:
Hi guys,

I just bought some Ownhammer IRs to upload in my beloved Two Notes Torpedo Live.

Now....how do I do that? Do I need the wav-files from Ownhammer and then change them to tur-files?

I am a :doh: when it comes to this kind of stuff....

Cheers
Frank

I uploaded them and they sounded harsh and nowhere near as nice as the Two Notes cabs/mics. Was this your experience?

I only uploaded the files for the vintage and modern Marshall 4x12 with V30's. These files sound awesome. From what I heard, the other Ownhammer files arent nearly as good.

Apologies if I'm perhaps hijacking the thread but I was playing around with Ownhammers irs and, perhaps more to the point, Redwirez. Perhaps I'm missing something (kinda hoping I am actually) but after I've copied the irs to the ir directory on the mac, I can't really use the "next" arrow and just go from one ir (i e, mic position in Redwirez) to the next to quickly audition them like I can with the standard cabs. Instead I have to click the dropdown menu, hover over the Redwirez folder, then the cab folder, then the mic folder and then select the ir which gets real frustrating in a hurry. I realize this is 3rd party software and thus support can realistically only extend so far so it's not a dig or complaint as such, just wanted to know if there's a better way of doing it so one can audition the irs more efficiently? Perhaps the solution is to just copy every file straight to the IR directory? Would clutter it up quite fast though.

I thought that I'd bump this thread with a follow up question.

I notice that the OwnHammer IRs all have a power amp in their chain? (For example, in the file: OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_ALN-BLU_SS_Live-Modern, the SS refers to a solid state power amp)

Am I essentially playing my amp through a power amp sim when I use OwnHammer IRs, just as if I had turned on the power amp sim in the Two Notes remote software (which I know is not desirable when playing through your amp head. Its intended to use with preamps/gain pedals, etc)?

Thanks!

all IR's require some form of power amp by their very nature. Imagine you are taking a photograph....if you were in the dark, it wouldn't matter who or what is in the photo ...or what camera or lense is used....Ok maybe not the best analogy but...

So a solid state power amp would be the most neutral, analogous to say natural daylight and have the least effect on your sound, other than the desired cabinet and microphone.

An IR is a closed loop that contains the attributes and artifacts of the aggregate of cables, analog digital and digital analog conversions, mic pre (and settings), the microphone, the cabinet, the amplifier used for the test signal and the room. Of all these parameters, one could (arguably) say that the cabinet, microphone and its placement are by far the dominant factors. As IR's for speaker emulation gain popularity, many creators of these libraries have expanded the information describing the details of their processes. In the end, the best result is what sounds good to you (in my opinion)

Andy

Great, Andy. Thanks for that explanation. Yes, if it sounds good, then that's all that matters at the end of the day.
-JZ

The Ownhammer SS IR's will have little added color if any, while the tube amp IR's will have some impedance curve midrange scoop is all.

Try them all and use what you prefer.

jzuker":28rcypkq said:
I thought that I'd bump this thread with a follow up question.

I notice that the OwnHammer IRs all have a power amp in their chain? (For example, in the file: OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_ALN-BLU_SS_Live-Modern, the SS refers to a solid state power amp)

Am I essentially playing my amp through a power amp sim when I use OwnHammer IRs, just as if I had turned on the power amp sim in the Two Notes remote software (which I know is not desirable when playing through your amp head. Its intended to use with preamps/gain pedals, etc)?

Thanks!

Back