Two Notes Strikes Again: ADA MP-1

brianiac5150

A few years ago, while in gear purge mode, I regrettably let go my beloved ADA MP-1 that had served me soooo well for over a decade. Last night I got one back!

Running it into my TL was an immediate success and tone heaven. That was mostly with a FACTORY RESET settings run-through.

I'm now thinking - all too seriously for my measly budge - of getting the Torpedo CAB for this and any other future preamp/pedal purchases, while also dreaming how awesome it'd be to have a couple and run a full stereo rig. If only I could sell my Mesa Vertical Recto and Mills Acoustics 2x12's.

:m17:

Such great products Two Notes has made.

se7en":2emtkyn3 said:
Did you use the power amp sims?

Oh yeah. And the EQ on/off testing. Worked really well. Surprisingly really, really like the 6L6 over all the rest, but that was with quick run-through stuff. Torpedo Remote rocked for this.

brianiac5150":157znfk7 said:
se7en":157znfk7 said:
Did you use the power amp sims?

Oh yeah. And the EQ on/off testing. Worked really well. Surprisingly really, really like the 6L6 over all the rest, but that was with quick run-through stuff. Torpedo Remote rocked for this.

Same here.

With the power amp sim, it really depends on what you plug to the C.A.B./Live. Some preamps send loads of basses and 6L6 can be way too bassy so you have to play with depth/Presence to get a proper tone that will fit in a mix.

I received my CAB at the beginning of the week and was able to spend some time with the MP-1 and it yesterday. Amazing!

I've just scratched the surface of building presets for it and have yet to dig into the MIDI aspect, however, I expect this will be a wonderfully useful and fun rig. If all goes well, I'll be able to set the rig up to change CAB presets with MP-1 patch changes, whereby (for example) an MP-1 Marshall setting with switch the CAB to a BritVinC preset, an MP-1 Fender setting will switch the CAB to a Silv77 preset, etc...

I've run the rig with headphones right out of the CAB, the rig into a Mackie board with some FX listening via headphones and monitors, as well as quickly tracked some noodling with the CAB's output and MP-1 direct using WoSIII simultaneously. Sounds great. I'm looking forward to having time to do some real tracking/multi-tracking, as well as get this rig in a band environment through a full-range PA. I haven't, yet, ran the CAB and Live at the same time, but will and I know it'll be great.

Two Notes Rocks!

I too let my ADA MP-1 go prior to the Two Note's boxes becoming available, and now wish I hadn't etc!

I think I need another MP-1! :thumbsup:

brianiac5150":3a5ez03u said:
A few years ago, while in gear purge mode, I regrettably let go my beloved ADA MP-1 that had served me soooo well for over a decade. Last night I got one back!

Running it into my TL was an immediate success and tone heaven. That was mostly with a FACTORY RESET settings run-through.

I'm now thinking - all too seriously for my measly budge - of getting the Torpedo CAB for this and any other future preamp/pedal purchases, while also dreaming how awesome it'd be to have a couple and run a full stereo rig. If only I could sell my Mesa Vertical Recto and Mills Acoustics 2x12's.

:m17:

Such great products Two Notes has made.

Back