Torpedo Live vs Torpedo Reload + CAB

mindwalker

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any technical differences in the following chain or whether there can be a perceived difference in quality

1) Guitar -> Amp -> Torpedo Live -> Headphones
2) Guitar -> Amp -> Torpedo Reload (as a Load) -> Torpedo C.A.B. -> Headphones

What I am basically trying to achieve is a silent plug-n-play solution of sorts without resorting to a DAW with a cabinet simulator (for which the Torpedo Live would be the most appropriate tool) however, if the same can be achieved with both the Reload and the C.A.B. then I could get the best of both worlds (since the Reload can also be used for other things like re-amping / attenuation).

Thanks a lot for any enlightenments :)

Hi Mindwalker;

Both solutions will be very close. The difference will be in the gain adjustment that wont work exactly the same. Reload would preferably need a microphone preamplifier before have its signal sent to a line level product such as the C.A.B.

The Reload output level depends on your amplifier's level, there is only a PAD on the Reload output.

CAB has only 2 input level selection (inst. or Line).

Live has an input gain adjustment pot that is easier to handle.

BUT we did extensive tests and the Reload + C.A.B. solution works well, assuming you will be OK sometimes to adjust the input level by changing your amplifier output volume.

I don't know if the explanation is satisfying and I guess you hoped I would speak about converters and things like that: Live and C.A.B. share the same motherboard, except for the input gain stage.

If you need more explanation, let me know.

Back