Two Notes Preamp Simulator?

dapeegoo

I was wondering if there is a possibility of Two Notes to develop a Preamp Simulator pedal to compliment the Torpedo CAB. I would love to get a device that could switch between different tube-like preamps for Fender, Vox, Marshall type sounds.

Well, I don't say we will never do that but we are more or less thinking about doing some REAL (tube and/or jFet) pedal preamps, maybe with the help of some renowned amp designers... We'll see.;)

Do you guys would like that?

It would be awesome if you were to get a big amp manufacturer on board, my vote would be a Marshall/Two Notes partnership. Marshall seem to be up for collaborations these days with products like the Hanwell etc. & a new JMP style preamp with integrated Torpedo technology could really take the guitar world by storm.

...oh, & I'd do an all-in-one rackmountable product if it were me (an all-in-one solution that doesn't rely on digital modelling could be a great success I feel) ....although more products are always a good thing & I'm sure existing CAB users wouldn't sneeze at another preamp pedal to choose from. :)

I currently own a Kingsley Squire tube preamp, and it sounds amazing with the CAB. The Kingsley Squire is based off of a Fender Blackface preamp. I would love to find someone who could make a Vox style preamp in a pedal.

guillaume_pille":1i8qe1m8 said:
Is there any kind of air vent on this pedal? Doesn't it run incredibly hot?

The Kingsley Squire doesn't have an air vent. It does get warm, but not extremely hot. The tube runs at full power too.

Just found this gut shot of the Squire I made when I got mine.

Attachments

• squire.jpg
    squire.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 1,370
OK, looks like a kit from Tube-Town or Banzai electronics.

Actually we will have 3 preamps based on modifications of a couple kits, they are not bad. The 250V power supply is not very good, but it works.

EDIT: just to be sure, as I received a message about that: this pedal being potentially a modification of a kit is absolutely not a bad thing in my opinion and should not be interpreted like that. We have a lot of products based on modified kits in our lab and anyone can build a great sounding product that way. The electronics here is very clean and open to other mods thanks to the turret board, that can definitely be a plus for some customers.

On the pedal side of things it might be worth talking to the guys at Majik Box. I've often wondered what their Filthy Lucre would sound like into the CAB & the quality of their work is second to none.

guillaume_pille":15ug4cyc said:
Well, I don't say we will never do that but we are more or less thinking about doing some REAL (tube and/or jFet) pedal preamps, maybe with the help of some renowned amp designers... We'll see.;)

Do you guys would like that?

The choice of a few proper pedal pre's from Two Notes would be great :D
Couple for guitar, one for bass
I'm shopping for a bass one now

The goal... The Perfect small pedal board running into a powered cab
Sounds simple, not as much to choose from as one would think. Many pedals want to see the front of an amp instead of line level, powered cabs are another discussion.
So far it looks like Basswitch or EBS Microbass- Torpedo CAB - QSC K12. Like to fit a compressor in there at some point but I gotta find the right preamp first.

Like to keep it as simple as possible. Anyone have any thoughts?

Back