Torpedo CAB footswitch wigged out

jammin

Howdy, I just got a CAB and am loving it. But I had trouble first time out in a band situation.

I had two patches set up right next to each other, all I wanted to do was switch between them occasionally. I had no trouble doing this at home on day one, and day two. On day three I bring it with me to use for real.

First thing that happened was hitting switch B (set to "preset +") started putting me in Mute, which shouldn't happen unless I held it down. (Of course the first time was for a heavy bass-only breakdown, so all eyes on me and... HEY, WHAT HAPPENED!??? Lol.) It did that to me no less than three times, then stopped doing it. And it decided to do something else.

I'd gone into global settings and checked the switch settings... they were all correct, plus I changed "B Hold" to "preset +", just in case. No matter what I did with switch B, it should go up a single preset.

But anytime I touched A, it went to Bypass. And when coming out of Bypass, it'd jump all the way to patch 00, instead of back to the 96-97 it'd been on. I think 00 was some default guitar patch, completely wrong for me (and levels way off). I tried to get it to start working properly again, and did the same trick I'd done for switch A.. changed the hold setting to "preset -". Didn't work. At some point it stopped recognizing regular clicks entirely, and wouldn't do anything unless I held it down.

So I got gunshy and simply quit touching the footswitches. No changing mid-song, and used the knobs to switch between songs. When I later got home and checked it out... it's working perfectly fine. Put the switch settings back to how they'd been, and it still works fine.

I have no idea what the heck happened or why, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't do that. :confused: :D

Help?

We may need to look at the footswitch....could be that while playing you were pressing a bit harder and this brings out a defect on that component. Please email or pm me you purchase info and location and we'll get this handled presto pronto.

andy@diffusion-audio.com

Andy

Back