Reload Effectloop

Plaid

Hi!
I'm very interested in the reload, seems to be a phantastic product. But I couldn't find some information about the following:

Is it possible to use the reload in the way of the Badcat unleash, to add an effects loop?
I have some amps without loop, would be great if I could use the reload as load, then insert some effects and turn it loud again...

All the best,
Frank

Hi Frank,

actually there is no effects loop on the Reload, and no possibility to use its advanced functions as an effects loop.

The speaker output signal coming from your amp goes directly to the loadbx/attenuator stage.

I didn't think people would want to use a speaker out signal as a source for effect then send it back to a cabinet, but that is certainly something I'd consider for a future version of the product.

Hi Guillaume, the idea (please confirm Plaid) is to tap the signal at the point where it is post loadbox at line level, send to an effect box and return at line level right before the front of the integrated power amp. This would allow applying processing post tube power amp (lower noise, more harmonics to affect) on any amp and adding an effect loop to an amp that doesn't have an effects loop. It could also function as an emergency backup running pedals into the return (power amp input) should an amp fail on a gig.

Also noteworthy and of interest, the Reload, as is, is perfect for creating a wet/dry/wet rig, simply connect the dry cabinet to the Reload's speaker out and take the loadbox out into the effects. The effects are then returned into the L/R wet amp's input. Typically, the wet amp and speakers do not need to be as hefty as the dry (less wattage, smaller speaker cabs) for great results.

Andy

guillaume_pille":zjz1ec6m said:
What exactly would you like to do?
Like Andy said, a post power amp effects loop would be awesome. For guys with non-master volume amps with an effects loop, the effects get distorted by the power amp and sound like poo. I think delays and such after the power amp even on master volume amps still sounds better.

A reamplifier design is perfect for this.

Hello!
That's what I was thinking about. Now I could make it work like this:

I plug a load (passive) to the speaker out of my amp-head, so I can push the amp to get some poweramp-distortion. Between the amp and
the load I plug my Hughes & Kettner redbox (speaker-sim off). The signal from the redbox gets to the effects, then into a Poweramp. So I could get the sound of a cranked amp with effects at any volume I like. My problem is, that the loadbox I'm using doesn't work well with the amp. I am sure, the two notes - load would be much better. I thought, the reload could do this...

All the best,

Frank

Hi Frank, if you are using the rebox/loadbox as you indicate, there's no problem using the reload, you just wouldn't be using the integrated power amp unless you decide to use a dry channel ie add another speaker cabinet. I would recommend giving W/D/W a try if you can.

Andy

Like Andy said:

Guitar -> tube amp -> tube amp speaker out -> > Torpedo Reload -> attenuated spkr out-> cabinet (DRY)

Torpedo Reload loadbox out -> effects -> stereo power amp -> 2 X cabinets (stereo WET)

Rogue: I don't forget our conversation about that. ;)

...thanks for your patience...

Just one thought: Inside the reload, the loadbox out should be connected to the solidstate poweramp to reamplify the signal. Would there be a chance for a mod, to connect the loadbox out at the back of the unit to the poweramp, so this would actually be an effects-loop? I only play mono with one cab, so maybe one of the speaker-out-jacks could be used for this. Loadbox out to effects to one speaker-out that would be wired to the poweramp.... could this be made?

All the best,

Frank

Well, at least you would need an FX return input in the Reload...

Actually I don't know if that's possible, I'll come back with an answer. ;)

Back