Beta-testing Torpedo VB-101 V3 firmware

romain_gril

Version 3-BETA of the VB-101 firmware, which brings stereo processing to the VB-101, is available for testing.

If you'd like to be among the Beta-testers, please send us a message on the Two Notes HelpDesk, under the category "VB-101 V3 BETA" to receive our instructions on how to install it.
NB: No download link will be given on this forum.

WARNING:
This V3 is BETA firmware. Even though great attention has been put into it, Two Notes Audio Engineering does not guarantee that it will behave exactly as intended.

The current Remote software (2.1.12) is not compatible with this V3.00 firmware. A future release of the Remote software is planned, but not yet available.

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND UPDATING YOUR TORPEDO VB-101 TO THIS BETA V3.00 FIRMWARE IF YOU MUST RELY ON THE MACHINE IN ANY WAY IN THE NEAR FUTURE, FOR A STUDIO OR LIVE SESSION FOR INSTANCE.

For more information, selected Beta-testers will be asked to carefully read the "Readme" text file provided.

All questions, requests, enquiries, should be sent to the Two Notes HelpDesk.

The Two Notes team

Yeeehhhhhaaaaaawwwww!
After playing a couple of hours with the new firmware and getting familiar with the new option of having two completely separate channels of processing all I have to say is, that you guys are far beyond awesome!!
I can't believe that you guys made this happening! :D
What a nice valentines day present :D

I only offered flowers to my GF so please don't say that too loud. :D

And I would like to say THANK YOU to Bruno our chief of R&D who make that happen! he's the young one you can see on our video presentation, but damn he's good.

guillaume_pille":gjscs6gj said:
Actually, V3 is bringing stereo for the VB-101. VM-202 is stereo since the first day. ;)

oh ok XD, I was privileged and I didn't know: D

eglyn : I know we didn't do much for VM-202 lately, but we stopped production almost 2 years ago as our distributors never believed in the product. If there is a real innovation in the VB-101 that can be brought to VM-202, the VM-202 will be updated. Actually, an update is on the way for compliance with the new Torpedo Remote.

But stereo is pretty much all we bring in V3, for real ;)

Just a quick info:
After spending nearly two weeks with the beta firmware and using the VB-101 nearly every day, i must say that you guys at Two Notes did a unbelivable great job so far. :rock: :thumbsup:
No problems using and working with it, will try it in the studio next week for a production.

Will there be more beta releases and will beta testers be informed?
The only thing I really miss is the updated Torpedo Remote for V3?
Any release plans yet?

Have a great weekend
Matthias

Hey Matthias, thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. ;)

We know we have to do some bugfix but nothing too serious, we had an extensive debugging phase before the Beta. ;) And debugging a hardware unit is WAY easier than the software...

About the Remote, our lead dev on the project is back on Monday (hooray!) after being away for almost 2 months, so we can hope to have it ready quite soon. ^^

Hey Guillaume,

sounds good, I hope you don't let the guy out of office until it's finished :D
And above all: Sell his motorcycle (i assume he is the guy who have had an accident?!) :D
But good to hear he is back again after all :thumbsup:

So I hope the new editor is released soon, yesterday I was working with my VB-101 in studio with a new client.
The client had a big grin on his face after dialing in some tones... but doing this without the editor is a bit of a *censored* :LOL: :LOL:
So maybe there will be also a beta of the editor? ;)

Cheers
Matthias

Any news on when the editor, VIP-room and new cabs are being released ?
Really need a new cab fix and it's hard to live without the editor :)

We had to focus on WoS III for the Capture Masters operation, and the hardware will follow.

Actually the new WoS III will be out soon (matter of a couple of weeks) and the Remote is the next priority, so we can have a beta quite soon.

Just so you know, the new Torpedo Cabinets format will allow any kind of microphone, and, more importantly, each cabinet you have in your hardware will grant you a "universal" license" that will work in WOS III or any other Torpedo product.

The BIG things is we finish to redesign the Torpedo format to make it compliant with all the products. That can sound easy, said like that, but it's not. ;)

guillaume_pille":3lwp19m5 said:
We had to focus on WoS III for the Capture Masters operation, and the hardware will follow.

Actually the new WoS III will be out soon (matter of a couple of weeks) and the Remote is the next priority, so we can have a beta quite soon.

Just so you know, the new Torpedo Cabinets format will allow any kind of microphone, and, more importantly, each cabinet you have in your hardware will grant you a "universal" license" that will work in WOS III or any other Torpedo product.

The BIG things is we finish to redesign the Torpedo format to make it compliant with all the products. That can sound easy, said like that, but it's not. ;)

WOW, amazing news for sure!!, can't wait to try the new format on my Torpedo CAB!

Thank you.

Back