BlendIR help

Strat-O-Matic

So I was able to capture the IR of my cabinet and then upload it into my Torpedo CAB but I can't seem to figure out how to edit in BlendIR. It appears there's a 32 band EQ and a level control but how do I use this with the IR I captured and then save it so I can use the edited file in my CAB?

I pulled up one of my IRs in BlendIR and increased the volume on the slider then saved the file but it didn't seem to add any volume. I also don't understand how I'm supposed to hear the IR if I'd like to use the EQ. Any help would be much appreciated. I like the IR I captured of my guitar cab but would really like to be able to raise the volume and add some EQ.

You can drag and drop your IRs into the boxes in the interface. You have to import a wav of your uncabsimmed guitar amp (or can use one of the ones that comes with blendIR) into the "source" at the top left. I think this to is a drag and drop feature, if not try right clicking in there. Then play the file. You will hear it played back with your blended or modified cabs in there. If you mute them all, you'll just hear the raw guitar amp tone (which is bad).

I was able to get my IRs into the boxes but I just didn't understand how to hear them once they're there. I'm not sure I follow when you say I need to add a wav of my uncabsimmed guitar amp. How could I record a wav of my guitar amp without a cab?

Hmmm, you are probably better off using one that is supplied with blendIR. They have a few different amps recorded that covers most ground. I'm not at home to check it out, but you can click in the source window (maybe right click?) and open a requester to load a file. I forget whether it defaults to the right place or you have to navigate to the Two Notes directory. If I remember to look when I get home I'll give you further instructions...or someone can chime in that knows off hand.

EDIT: On second thought, you might have to import a file from the file menu. I don't remember now, but I think you can drag and drop. Somewhere in a Two Notes directory are some sample files.

You just have to drag and drop files, and yes they are some samples delivered with the software.

If you have a Torpedo C.A.B., what is the source? Because you could simply record your preamplifier direct with your soundcard and use that sample to load in BlendIR. That's actually the classic workflow.

The samples are in the Two Notes Audio Engineering\Samples directory. You can just drag and drop them into the source section. But as guillaume said, it's going to be best to use your own tones.

Do you ever record anything?

Hate to be a pain in the rear...but.. Is there a demo available on using BlendIR? It seems like a very powerful piece of software but I think a demo would allow more people to understand how to use it. More users then.

Just curious and thanks...I'm loving my CAB. Paired it up last night with an AMT ss-11a. Hard to describe how good it is. And I've barely scratched the surface!

thanks
Chappie

I'm bumping this up because I would really like to see a demo on how to use this properly. I'm not sure if I'm using this correctly or not. I believe a demo would help a lot of people. Maybe I'm wrong?

thanks
Chappie

You're absolutely NOT wrong. ^^

If somebody can help with that it's cool, right now we are focused on the upcoming Musikmesse and other videos still in editing mode. ;)

Here's another "yes please" for a BlendIR-vid-for-dummies. I'm sure it's really simple once the penny drops but yeah, I can't seem to quite get it :D

guillaume_pille":2hhlehdg said:
You just have to drag and drop files, and yes they are some samples delivered with the software.

If you have a Torpedo C.A.B., what is the source? Because you could simply record your preamplifier direct with your soundcard and use that sample to load in BlendIR. That's actually the classic workflow.

Hello Guillaume, since most of all your products have the Power Amp simulation section before the Miking (IR) Section it would be really useful if in BlendIR we could have this power amp section implemented.

The PowerAmp simulation is such a crucial part of the Torpedo Experience it is not the same to blend IRs with out the color of the power amp section.

Ofcurse there is a way around this and it is to record the direct sound with the power amp section to the computer but being able to manipulate the power amp simulation sound with in Blend IR with out re-recording the guitar would be a real time saver.

Unless further down the road BlendIR supports live sound also.

I too would like to please see a Blend IR for beginners. I've messed around with it and got it to work (sort of) but
it would be extremely helpful to see it being used by someone.

Thanks!

Back