Lehle Sunday Driver preamp

It sure will, you'll be able to get a nice clean jazz or country tone with that. Obviously, you may want something with more control of gain (overdrive) and eq for rock styles.

Andy

Ok,

so now I want to use this setup at Church. I have a truesonic ts112-A speaker for monitoring. I assume that I could go from the c.a.b. to the speaker as well as the house?

Never tried an Alto but we've used similar products from QSC, JBL, Mackie etc...you can use the thru/out xlr on to FOH

Andy

So a frenzel dp-1 would work well with the c.a.b.? I also have a sawmill pedal that I love, would it be best after the c.a.b.?

both should be fine, haven't heard either in person, I'm sure the community here would love to hear clips if you can.

In both cases, they (and any other pre-amp or overdrive) would go before the CAB.

Things that go after the CAB would be reverb, echo, modulation etc. although there are cases where it they may be happier pre cab (univibes, phasers, tape echo etc.), more for replicating vintage effect tones than technical reasons.

Andy

I never get a chance to try the Lehle preamps and that's a shame, I saw them at NAMM and actually Burkhard Lehle is a friend.

I have to try that at Musikmesse!

EDIT: I think we had the basswitch on a booth as a demo, am I right Andy?

yes we had a Basswitch 2 years ago...and of course Damian Erskine uses the Basswitch/Torpedo combo both live and in the studio.

Andy

The Lehle stuff is great & the guys there are lovely. It's a shame that it doesn't get the attention it deserves. ...I guess signal routing solutions don't grab as much attention on the street as the as the latest inexpensive fuzz pedal. Much like Two Notes though, these guys make a first-class product that's aimed to solve the needs of the pro-minded player (I've had a couple of Little Lehles on my board for years now :). The Sunday Driver is a buffer/line driver that can hold it's own even next to those made by the venerable Mr. Cornish himself. The added 'Sunday' & booster modes make it much more multi-purpose than other buffers though & it'll work for pretty much any application you could throw at it ...a great little unit for sure.

Back