Kingsley Squire TB + Torpedo CAB Sound Clips!

dapeegoo

I just finished some recordings last night to compare the Kingsley Squire vs the Kingsley Squire Top Boost running into the Torpedo CAB with OwnHammer IRs.

kingsleysquire.JPG

Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/wayneyuan-1/sets ... s-kingsley

This is a comparison of the Kingsley Squire (Fender Blackface circuit) vs the Kingsley Squire TB (Vox Top Boost circuit) tube preamp pedals.

Clip 1 - Kingsley Squire TB Silver Bell - This is a vox style preamp running into EL84 simulator with a Alnico Silver Bell speaker. This should sound similar to a Vox AC30.
Clip 2 - Kingsley Squire Silver Bell - This is a fender style preamp running into EL84 simulator with a Alnico Silver Bell speaker. I made this clip just so you can A/B the sound of the two preamps.
Clip 3 - Kingsley Squire C12n - This is a fender style preamp running into 6L6 simulator with a Jensen C12n speaker. This should similar to a Fender Twin Reverb.

All clips are played through the following chain:

Gretsch DuoJet w/TV Jones Filtertrons > Kingsley Harlot Overdrive > Kingsley Squire (and Squire TB) > Torpedo C.A.B. > Komplete Audio 6 Interface > Logic X

Gretsch DuoJet - I am playing on the bridge pickup.
Kingsley Harlot - All knobs at 10 o clock. 12AX7 used is an AMT WarmStone Solid State Tube.
Kingsley Squire - Treble and Bass at 1, Volume at 9:30. 12AX7 used is an AMT WarmStone Solid State Tube.
Kingsley Squire - Treble and Bass at 1, Volume at 12:30. 12AX7 used is an AMT WarmStone Solid State Tube.
Torpedo C.A.B. - I am using the power amp simulator and OwnHammer impulse responses (IR). Here are my Torpedo CAB settings:

Silver Bell - PP EL84 setting, Volume 10db, Presence 100%, Depth 50%, Type Pentode, OwnHammer 2x12 Alnico Silver Bell T2 Modern Live IR

C12n - PP 6L6 setting, Volume 10db, Presence 100%, Depth 50%, Type Pentode, OwnHammer 2x12 Jensen C12n T2 Modern Live IR

I am really loving this setup since I do not have to lug a tube amp when I play or deal with micing the amp. I also do not have to worry that I am playing too loud because my signal is going straight into the FOH/monitors. The clips were recorded without delays or reverbs. I also wanted to play a very simple chord progression, so you can hear all the nuances between the different settings. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Great tones!! really nice...I see you are using the AMT solidstate tubes...How are they? Compared to real tubes?

thanks,
Chappie

wow...that is awesome!.

thanks for the demo. They sound very close to me, but I'm listening through very cheap speakers on my computer monitor. So close I don't think it would matter through a board in a live band situation. I'm going to look into those AMT tubes.

very cool

thanks!!

Back