Reload or Live?

Ok, so the time has come for me to order a two notes product. Ive gone through the whole digital solution...2x(axe fx) and am back to tubes! Ive got a Friedman Brown Eye and have seen some of marks demos and like the way it sounds through the live.
I do like the built in attenuator of the reload though. What I want to know is will the reload work the same way as the live(plugging into my apogee interface) where I can just play my head into the speakers it's and have the sound come out my monitors? Basically for late night jam sessions to get my cranked amp sound through monitors or headphones and just straight recording. Are the connections if I do it this way the same as the live? Just my speaker out from the head into the reload and a cable from the reload into my interface?
Any help is appreciated

The Live can either act 100% as a load (ie silent recording) and/or monitoring the speaker/mic emulation through a daw or FRFR system or pass the full signal to a speaker connected to the thru while also sending a signal through the Torpedo to DAW or FOH.

The Reload can act as a 100% load ie silent recording or output back to the guitar speaker at an adjustable volume from whisper quiet to quite loud while simultaneously outputting a post amp line level signal to a DAW or FOH. The difference is that the Reload does not do any speaker micing emulation so you'd need to use the included WOSIII plug-in in your DAW or a stand alone speaker emulator (like a Torpedo CAB) If you use the WOSIII or another impulse loader, you'd need to open the DAW or a VST host in order to instanciate the plug-in and process the signal so it may be easier for just jamming to use the guitar cab at low volume.

Are the connections if I do it this way the same as the live? Just my speaker out from the head into the reload and a cable from the reload into my interface?
yes but you'd need to put the WOSIII in your DAW's monitor path.

Andy

Back