Torpedo Live Issue

Bleedback

Sort of had an odd issue develop with my Torpedo Live this morning...

Whenever I have either of my amps hooked up to the Torpedo's 8ohm load the output transformer of each amp begins to produce an audible "buzzing" or "rattling" sound when the output volume on either amp at or beyond 11-12 o'clock. I thought at first maybe I had a microphonic preamp tube which turned out not to be the issue. I hesitantly hooked up my second amp which again produced the same sound with its output volume turned at or beyond 11-12 o'clock. I immediately shut down each of my amps out of fear of causing any damage to them (finding a competent amp tech where I live is nearly impossible).

The two amps I run through the Torpedo are a Diezel VH4 and a Marshall JMP 2203. I rarely turn the output volume on either beyond 12-1 o'clock whether connected to a cabinet or the Torpedo itself.

Some troubleshooting points I've locked down so far...

- The issue does not happen when running the preamp out (effects send) itself directly into the Two Notes Torpedo "Line In" input.
- The issue does not happen when either head is connected directly to an actual speaker cab without the Torpedo.
- The issue only happens when either of my amps are directly connected to the 8ohm load of the Torpedo.
- The issue only began happening this morning out of owning/using the Torpedo for over a year now.

If anybody has any advice from a similar experience or if Two Notes could chime in on what might be going on I'd certainly appreciate the input!

from: http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgeb ... article=96

This is perfectly normal and there is no reason to worry. The sound is produced when power goes through the coil of the reactive load embedded on the Torpedo Live. The vibration is related to what power comes out of the amplifier connected to the Torpedo Live and to the signal's frequency content (notes played are heard).

Your amplifier may also produce similar noise, at the output transformer's level. Such noise is usually not heard, simply because it is normally overcome by the sound coming from the loudspeaker.

Andy

sysexguy":k1f3kkhp said:
from: http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgeb ... article=96

This is perfectly normal and there is no reason to worry. The sound is produced when power goes through the coil of the reactive load embedded on the Torpedo Live. The vibration is related to what power comes out of the amplifier connected to the Torpedo Live and to the signal's frequency content (notes played are heard).

Your amplifier may also produce similar noise, at the output transformer's level. Such noise is usually not heard, simply because it is normally overcome by the sound coming from the loudspeaker.

Andy

Well that answers it! I had a near panic attack when it started happening yesterday...Thank you very much! :rock:

Back