Torpedo Live For FOH Only Feedback Needed

ATR1

I am considering buying this unit. I read a lot about home recording, but need some opinions on live only applications. I would send signal from my Mark V to FOH & cabinet.

Thx Tony

Are all of you only use this in your bedrooms? Somebody give your opinions. Should I use a Palmer? :gethim:

ATR1":3t0kru20 said:
Are all of you only use this in your bedrooms? Somebody give your opinions. Should I use a Palmer? :gethim:
I don't have a Live, but I can't imagine it not working as well as any other digital device FOH.

The application you're asking about is precisely what the Live was designed for in the first place (the clue is in the name ;) ), there's many pro artists who have Torpedo Lives incorporated into their live rigs, I'm sure you'd be more than happy if you did decide to go with one.

Oh, & the reason you hear a lot of people speak about it in recording applications is because of the greatly reduced cost when compared to the units that were specifically designed with the studio in mind (i.e. The VB-101 or soon to be available Torpedo Studio). The fact of the matter is that the Torpedo Live does what majority of home-studio enthusiasts need & hence it does get used for this purpose also (even though the VB-101/Studio really is the undisputed king when it comes to recording).

I don't have a Live but I use a Torpedo CAB with a Kingsley tube preamp. Last weekend I got to compare it in a live situation against my friends 65' Fender Dual Showman. I'd say the CAB compares very well when using a tube pre so I'd imagine the Live with an amp would sound just as good if not better.

Most of the bands and artists you can see with a Torpedo Live on the Two Notes website (artists section) are using the unit live, like it was designed for. ;)

I had a Live for the better part of last year. Absolutely amazing for live use! I was using my Marshall JVM410HJS with it and it was fabulous! I did many a gig with only bringing my amp head and the Live into the FOH and it was great. I used the stage monitors from the board for my stage sound.

I have since moved back to the Kemper setup, not because I didn't like the what I was using, but because I required a simpler setup and more tonal options.

If I was to go back to a tube amp, I would get another Live without hesitation.

Back