Torpedo Live Preset Saving Question

whammy_boy

Hey guys,

Had my unit for two days and noticed something weird. When I program my own patch and try to save it, somehow my previously saved patches disappear. I started my own patches with numbers 61 and 62, I see now that only #62 has a "*" symbol next to it, and 61, which took me quite a while to come up with, and I absolutely love, is now gone. I haven't touched 61 since yesterday, and 62 was programmed from scratch today.

What am I possibly doing wrong? :doh:

Many thanks your help - and rock & roll!

A star next to the preset means it has been edited. You have a wild card memory slot which is the current edit + the 100 stored programs. When you press store, you will be asked which preset you wish to store it in 0-99. Once you scroll to the preset # you want, press store once again to save it at that location.

If you use the free Torpedo Remote software, you can store hundreds of programs on your computer and load the unit as needed with the programs you want...for a gig for example ie the computer can stay at home. The Remote also make managing the memory much easier to visualize as everything is drag and drop.

With a unit like a Torpedo, it would be unusual to need 100 programs for a show or studio session so one option is to reserve say 90-99 for edits and tests. You could then copy a finished program back to a lower spot once you're happy with all the tweaks. This will help avoid overwriting something you've worked on. In addition, using the Remote you can easily return one or all patches to the factory state as needed.

Andy

I figured it out. I knew it was something simple - when I was pressing the edit button I wasn't holding it long enough. Hence, nothing was being saved and once I'd skip to the next preset to edit it the Torpedo was deleting everything I had already done. I was wondering all the time why the unit never asked me where to save my new presets - looks like I never got to that point, haha :)

Many thanks for the response Andy. All good now.

Val

Back