So, like, new cabs when?

Honestly, I don't know why you guys ignore questions like this. Either there is an answer or there isn't. I don't understand the need to ignore it. The release date of the second batch Reload was the same way (of which I have ordered).

Look, when guillaume says he doesn't like Cliff's (AxeFX Cliff) business model, it doesn't do much to support your own when ignoring questions regarding release dates on new products. Jesus, in a worst case scenario if you don't know, say you don't know with whatever reasoning behind it.

If you've got time to argue with someone about impedance, you've got time to say what's up with new products so your customers are informed. Otherwise, it's hypocritical to look down on anyone else's business model.

Just FYI. I love Two Notes and wish the best, but this ignoring questions is reminiscent the shadiest of small time BS that fail on a regular basis. Step up and don't be those guys. Believe it or not, "I can't say when they are coming" is a better answer than nothing.

Why are you assuming all these things?

Everyone involved with Two Notes is working basically double shifts to take care of everything that needs to be done to release new product and assure the current line is available at dealers. The Reload shipment cleared customs this week and were shipped to your dealer less than 24 hours later.

Furthermore, as Guillaume stated, the new cabinets are integrated in a new OS for both hardware and software which have many new benefits for all users.

Rather than rehash the same old files with some extra zeros AND force the loyal customer base to sell their prized units and then get on a waiting list for a "better" unit, just like last time, Two Notes is making the new improvement available across the board regardless of whether the customer has a plugin with just a couple of cabinets or one or more of the hardware boxes. Few companies respect their customers as much as Two Notes.

In the interim, between the various third party IR's that easily integrate into Torpedo and all the possibilities BlendIR offers, there is no lack of new tricks to try with your unit.

If none of us respond, it may be because we'd rather keep working than come up with some politically oblique marketing department bullshit delivery date with a 48 hour halflife.

I think you may wish to reread your post and consider how your comments could possibly make it possible to release new cabinets faster...

Andy

sysexguy":wdcpmfk1 said:
Rather than rehash the same old files with some extra zeros AND force the loyal customer base to sell their prized units and then get on a waiting list for a "better" unit, just like last time, Two Notes is making the new improvement available across the board regardless of whether the customer has a plugin with just a couple of cabinets or one or more of the hardware boxes. Few companies respect their customers as much as Two Notes.

Andy

That's so true!
I rarely met any CEO and his stuff being so helpful to their customers and are always trying to make the best they can to make their customers happy. Latest example: They are releasing the successor to the VB-101, the Studio. BUT they decided to rewrite the hole firmware even for the VB-101 so that guys like me can even use the new benefits like two totally independent wet channels!
How great is that? And even more to come with the new WOS where I then can use all cabs with WOS which I have on my VB-101.
And this without charging the customer for anything!
THAT IS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
And there are even more exciting things to come... I'm sure :)

So a big thank you to Guillaume and his team!

Cheers
Matthias

sysexguy":1bxzavim said:
Why are you assuming all these things?

Everyone involved with Two Notes is working basically double shifts to take care of everything that needs to be done to release new product and assure the current line is available at dealers. The Reload shipment cleared customs this week and were shipped to your dealer less than 24 hours later.

Furthermore, as Guillaume stated, the new cabinets are integrated in a new OS for both hardware and software which have many new benefits for all users.

In the interim, between the various third party IR's that easily integrate into Torpedo and all the possibilities BlendIR offers, there is no lack of new tricks to try with your unit.

If none of us respond, it may be because we'd rather keep working than come up with some politically oblique marketing department bullshit delivery date with a 48 hour halflife.

I think you may wish to reread your post and consider how your comments could possibly make it possible to release new cabinets faster...

Andy
Thanks Andy.

I am assuming nothing. This is the second time I've had to bump a thread requesting information on product releases. If there's time to argue about impedance, there's time to give an update on new products to customers, who you know, have given you money and want to give you more.

But I do appreciate your almost answer and defense of not giving one in the first place, but most importantly, the veiled condescension.

Here, I edited your response to be more customer friendly....

sysexguy":1bxzavim said:
Hi Rogue.

The new cabinets are integrated in a new OS for both hardware and software which have many new benefits for all users.

We can't promise, but are hoping to have them available by [insert time here]. We are glad you excited about them, we are too.

Thanks for your interest in Two Notes.

Andy

Just a little customer relations tip.

For the time being, I'll just assume "sometime" is the answer the original question.

Thanks

Rogue I'm sorry, I didn't ignore your question, I think I checked it on my cellphone (so it was marked as read) and totally forgot about it when I came back to the board later.

Our Help desk system indicates when a ticket is not answered and I receive a warning, that is not the case here. ;)

You know I have always been answering your questions. ;)

Anyway, I think I answered that very question on a few other threads here, this is an update on the current situation:

we finished the tests on the new WoS III Friday, and we have to test the installers and the whole server architecture on Monday. Again, this update is a huge one, I'd like to send to the air something as functional and working as possible.

Apart from the more than 20 new cabinets, and I'm sure you'll love the new models, we changed a lot of stuff, especially the algorithm on the microphone movement, and added a new feature that allows phase-coherent mixing. This way you can pile microphones without suffering from phase issue (well, you have WAY less phase issue, there is still a little phase cancellation simply because of the different frequency response you send your signal through).

We will send a newsletter next week if everything goes as expected, explaining all the new stuff, and the final release should be sent following that letter.

I will post a message here and on Facebook, and those who keep their computer connected will simply be asked for to update.

If you followed us on Facebook, you would have seen that I sent a little message about that on Friday, it's hard to have all the tools synchronized at the same time, sorry about that. ;)

Thanks guillaume! So, it sounds like they are just around the corner. 20 new cabs and new features. Sweet! Are any of them from the capture master program?

Should get my Reload next week, with some luck the new cabs will be available soon afterwards as well. It'd be like Christmas in April!

Sorry to get snippy, both to you and Andy. It happens. :D

You know I love TN. :thumbsup:

I don't log on to facebook very often. Maybe I should....

EDIT:

Scratch that...

You will discover the first pioneer studios who participate in the Capture Masters program and their first cabinets, hope you guys will like them!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seems I should use facebook more often. :yes:

thanks again! Looking forward to the new toys.

Yes it's easier and for me and more valuable to send updates through Facebook as there is actually more people over there than here. ;)

And we're people of passion here, the problem is when we announce a release date and we are not able to deliver things on time (which happens, well, every time) we create a lot of frustration. I try to manage that but sometime it's normal you blow off some steam, I totally understand. ;)

We have 4 new studios on this release, 2 from France, 1 from Belgium and one from the US. And the new cabinets we launch, well, I'm quite confident you'll love some of them. ;)

Did I say that we unlocked the microphone list, so these studios can use their best microphones and preamps? ;)

That's interesting. I'm guessing the mic pre's they used would be "baked in", so to speak, of the cab sim, right? And are there new mics with these studio cabs? Sounds cool.

Are there any sort of studio presets....something like "this is the combination of mics/cabs/speakers these engineers preferred"?

Also, I saw on facebook you were in Nashville recently. What was you in town for?

Also, I saw on facebook you were in Nashville recently. What was you in town for?

I wasn't in Nashville recently... Maybe our representative Mike Van Tine was in Nashville?

That's interesting. I'm guessing the mic pre's they used would be "baked in", so to speak, of the cab sim, right? And are there new mics with these studio cabs? Sounds cool.

Are there any sort of studio presets....something like "this is the combination of mics/cabs/speakers these engineers preferred

The technology takes everything at the same time, the cabinet, the mic, the preamp.

Yes, the studios established a list of their favorite preamp + mic combinations, and use these combinations to record each cabinet. You still have the microphone movement and 8 different microphones per cabinets.

Everything is interesting, it's a matter of taste, the idea behind is too give you enough degrees of liberty with each cabinet. ;)

I can't believe how presumptuous people can be. I bought my Torpedo Live for what it is, not hanging on for some update like an impatient child. The Two Notes crew has always been stand up guys and support their products much better than most.

se7en":7o6dhg8p said:
I can't believe how presumptuous people can be. I bought my Torpedo Live for what it is, not hanging on for some update like an impatient child. The Two Notes crew has always been stand up guys and support their products much better than most.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=148277&p=1701126#p1701126

se7en":7o6dhg8p said:
Oh, ok...Got 'em. I tried arranging by date before and earliest it would find was 6-2013. Thanks again!
:LOL: :LOL:
Sure seems you like you bought it for what it is. Too bad you were curious about other cabinets, huh?

I don't know if you know it or not, but TN has been (and it's part of their model) expanding their cab library. The newest ones will be particularly interesting. Do you think you'll get those too, or will just have the Live for what it is?

guillaume_pille":3rpy38gt said:
Rogue I'm sorry, I didn't ignore your question, I think I checked it on my cellphone (so it was marked as read) and totally forgot about it when I came back to the board later.

Our Help desk system indicates when a ticket is not answered and I receive a warning, that is not the case here. ;)

You know I have always been answering your questions. ;)

Anyway, I think I answered that very question on a few other threads here, this is an update on the current situation:

we finished the tests on the new WoS III Friday, and we have to test the installers and the whole server architecture on Monday. Again, this update is a huge one, I'd like to send to the air something as functional and working as possible.

Apart from the more than 20 new cabinets, and I'm sure you'll love the new models, we changed a lot of stuff, especially the algorithm on the microphone movement, and added a new feature that allows phase-coherent mixing. This way you can pile microphones without suffering from phase issue (well, you have WAY less phase issue, there is still a little phase cancellation simply because of the different frequency response you send your signal through).

We will send a newsletter next week if everything goes as expected, explaining all the new stuff, and the final release should be sent following that letter.

I will post a message here and on Facebook, and those who keep their computer connected will simply be asked for to update.

If you followed us on Facebook, you would have seen that I sent a little message about that on Friday, it's hard to have all the tools synchronized at the same time, sorry about that. ;)

Hi Guillaume, for the past 2 months i have been heavily using the proprietary cabinets in my Torpedo CAB and i have come to realise they offer a lot of great tones and some details i can't achieve with other IRs. I don't miss the OwnHammer or BigBox IRs any more and this is a good thing because it saves me time, time i invest in paying more rather then finding a proper IR for the tone i have at that moment in my head.

With this new CAB technology you guys are about to announce i more then thrill and can't wait to try it out.

Thank you and your Team for your efforts in bringing us more tones to have fun with.

Nico.

nicolasrivera":1zo4vfog said:
Hi Guillaume, for the past 2 months i have been heavily using the proprietary cabinets in my Torpedo CAB and i have come to realise they offer a lot of great tones and some details i can't achieve with other IRs. I don't miss the OwnHammer or BigBox IRs any more and this is a good thing because it saves me time, time i invest in paying more rather then finding a proper IR for the tone i have at that moment in my head.

With this new CAB technology you guys are about to announce i more then thrill and can't wait to try it out.

Thank you and your Team for your efforts in bringing us more tones to have fun with.

Nico.
I try other IRs from time to time, even shot a lot of my own, but always come back to the Two Notes cabs. Other IRs (my own included) I've tried tend to have this plasticy sound to them. I think the TN sounds more natural.

You know what, that's funny because you can read all over the Internet people explaining that our IRs are bad and useless, and some place else the exact contrary.

What I think I figured out is that the mic choice and it's positioning is very intimidating for some guitarists, while switching from one IR to another is more simple and straightforward.

guillaume_pille":271xuc79 said:
You know what, that's funny because you can read all over the Internet people explaining that our IRs are bad and useless, and some place else the exact contrary.

What I think I figured out is that the mic choice and it's positioning is very intimidating for some guitarists, while switching from one IR to another is more simple and straightforward.

I don't think it is intimidation at all Guillaume, in my own experience is more of a preconception that anything other then a IR is not as good, this of course if the industry's fault because we have been give countless speaker emulation solutions that are based on user manipulation of the mic, the cab and the speaker and we are mostly left high and dry when it comes to speaker realism.

In my perception Two Notes has to do a more aggressive campaign informing the end user their solution is different, that it is based on a mix of multiple IRs that get updated in real time as you move the mic's distance etc.

It was not until the end of February2014 that i fully understood this and since then i have been paying attention more closely to the built in speaker emulations and i'm loving it.

Another thing that needs to be showed more deeply is the power amp simulation section, i don't believe there are any video demos specifically demonstrating just how great and powerful this feature is in Two Notes products and how it is essential to the over all tone.

I wish i had the time right now to help with videos on this topics but i have to finish many other things first.

Rogue":1vk8i5iy said:
se7en":1vk8i5iy said:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=148277&p=1701126#p1701126

se7en":1vk8i5iy said:
Oh, ok...Got 'em. I tried arranging by date before and earliest it would find was 6-2013. Thanks again!
:LOL: :LOL:
Sure seems you like you bought it for what it is. Too bad you were curious about other cabinets, huh?

I don't know if you know it or not, but TN has been (and it's part of their model) expanding their cab library. The newest ones will be particularly interesting. Do you think you'll get those too, or will just have the Live for what it is?

Honestly, I'm very content with the standard Bogner V30 cab, Greenback 4x12 and a couple cabs I use for cleans. They do the job for me just fine. I haven't tried your cabs and will of course try out future updates...but, like I said I'm content with what I have. If there were no updates I wouldn't be heartbroken. :D

Back