VM-202 vs (2) CAB's

brianiac5150

Hello All!

Hoping one of the TN guys'll provide a response:

I've been running an ADA MP-1 channel into a CAB and its second channel into a console > DAW > WOS with GREAT results. I'm contemplating another TN product for the second channel. In looking at the site again - haven't been there in a while - I see the VM-202 is a rackmount version which would accomplish my interests, however, its price point makes me thing adding another CAB would be the better option. Am I missing something here?

I'm confused?

The ADA MP-1 is mono with a switchable stereo chorus is all.

I'd think you could just put the Torpedo CAB in the ADA's FX Loop, set it so that all you hear is the CAB to avoid phasing (series), and be good to go unless I'm missing something?

Via MIDI you can have the CAB select different cabs/speakers/mics and tube power amp sims to match your MP-1's SS/Clean/Dist channels etc.

Hi Brianiac, as noted the MP-1's sole stereo feature would be the chorus if you use that and if so, you may place the CAB in the loop. You can also do true stereo speaker emulation with the WOS plug in...for example, track while monitoring the CAB and then process and mix using the WOSIII in stereo. Depending on your DAW, this would give the lowest latency while tracking and zero on playback (again DAW dependent but highly likely with today's programs).

We do have a couple of demo VM-202's for sale if that's your preference, advantage being that your DAW's cpu can be allocated elsewhere and you can take it live or to other studios. The upcoming Torpedo Studio will also have true stereo operation via the line inputs so that could also work really well.

2 Cabs would have the advantage of being super portable but if you're just in the studio, I don't think that's the best option.

Andy

Andy...I'm interested in learning more about the demos. Please PM me as you're able.

Guillaume...I was not aware of that either.

The ADA has two channel (signal) outputs (A & B), therefore, one could run one out to say the CAB with one particular cab/amp/mic setup and the other to another with a different setup, combining and/or mixing them to preference. Of course, there are tons of other routes to go with these outputs and other hardware. I'm just researching other way sto make the second, non-cab sim'd channel useful in a live setting, hence looking into another CAB or else wise.

Any response to this guys? I ran the ADA > BBE > TC HoF > CAB last night into two Yamaha 15 stage monitors and it ripped. I bet it kills through a full range system and hope to find that out soon. I'd love to use the other output and a different mic/cab combo. Let me know about the VM-202 demos. Thanks!

Back