Torpedo C.A.B. signal chain

dnalorrm

Hi yesterday my Torpedo C.A.B. arrived and upon trying the device out and looking at the comments i wonder how to connect this piece of art

So my pedal board has, amongst some other stuff, an od and a delay
Yesterday connected the C.A.B. at the end of the chain but was not impressed with any of the sounds (sorry). Looks like the clean was having a distortion although no clipping was taken place. According to the software i did not exceed -6. Only evaluating using a headphone. Wonder what triggers this unwanted distortion. While testing no pedal was turned on, using the same setting connected to my amp delivers a pristine clean sound.

The bigger question i have, my amp has a loadbox built in. So i was thinking connecting the C.A.B. from the speaker output and then send the signal to the PA. This way i can also make use of the spring reverb inside the amp.
I have not tested this yet

However, reading forum and manual it is recommended to apply the modulation and delay after the amp.
So would that mean i have to run a cable from the amp back into my delay and then from the delay to the PA?

Last question, anyone having any experience using the C.A.B. in connection with an acoustic guitar?

Kind regards,
Roland

The CAB is not a load box so never ever connect a direct speaker out of any amp in to it.

You could use it in the FX loop of your amp. In your pedal board you place the OD before the CAB and the delay after it.

Thanks for the quick reply,
As mentioned, my amp has a loadbox in it so there should be no problem there. I am though aware that the cab has no load box functionality :)
I do also have a effect loop in it, will have to experience what will bring the best result. As it stands it will render my spring reverb useless as i tend to have the reverb at the very end of my chain. Might then have to consider to get a reverb in stompbox format.

So, i then get: pedal board with od --> amp --> CAB --> delay --> PA

Or do i need a DI between my delay and PA connection? I would think not but rather safe then sorry :)

Kind regards,
Roland

Back