How are you using your CAB?

rsm

What pedals or preamps are you using with the CAB; what is your signal chain?

I just tried my CAB with my JMP-1 preamp again (have not done this since I got the CAB a few years ago, planned to sell my JMP-1 and JFX-1, but changed my mind!) and I thought it sounded great. I use my CAB in my G-System rig, connected to my TriAxis, in the insert loop. I may get around to trying it with my ADA MP-2 again...

Not sure how this will sound, but I plan to try my SourceAudio Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion --> CAB --> FRFR. The MWD isn't a preamp though, but it has a GEQ; hoping the CAB will remove any harshness from not having a preamp in the chain.

the CAB is so versatile IMO, what are you using with it?

This week I have been trying the AMT SS-11 and I must say I had more than decent lead tones with it! I'll use it on stage tomorrow as a confirmation. ^^

Nice, thanks...I was thinking about the AMT SS-30 Bulava, or the E2 (I have an Engl half stack).

My next "test" is going to be my Source Audio Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion - it has a 7 band EQ, but it's not a preamp...hopefully the amp/cab in the C.A.B will filter unwanted artifacts.

Then, my Damage Control Liquid Blues ---> C.A.B. --> Damage Control Glass Nexus.

I have a few other pedals to try as well.

edit: my JMP-1 sounds good with the built-in speaker emulation outs, but with the C.A.B. it's a whole new experience...

Hello, I'm quite new to the Torpedo C.A.B, and so far have used:

guitar -> ARC Klone v2 -> Effectrode Blackbird (pre-amp) -> Torpedo C.A.B -> headphones (250ohm)
Alternatively I use a Wampler Triple Wreck in place of the Klone for higher gain tones.

When using pre-amp: Blackbird (Balanced 600ohm Out) -> C.A.B (Line in) with a balanced TRS cable.
If no pre-amp: guitar -> pedal -> C.A.B (Guitar in) with regular guitar cables.

I have edited some C.A.B presets and also tried some Ownhammer IRs, but really just getting started with learning what it can all do.

Custom 50W RM2 with any two of the following custom Egnater/Randall MTS tube preamps at a time (Hiwatt DR-103, Orange OR-120, Marshall Super Lead, Vox AC30TB, Matchless Chieftain, Fender Deluxe), along with a vintage Kittyhawk Quattro.

My typical live chain is a custom Echoplex preamp -> RM2 -> Torpedo CAB -> Axe FX Ultra for FX/Mixing/Cab Sims as it can run up to 4 Cab Sims in parallel (typically Redwirez or OwnHammer), plus feed the RM2's 50W power amp and a guitar cab sans cab sims if need be. I'll sometimes add a vintage Vox Wah and Fuzzes/Treble Boosters up front when needed.

The Axe Ultra typically provides 1 Compressor, 1 Gate, 2 Reverbs, 2 Pitch Shifters, 4 Delays, 1 Trem/Vib, 2 Chorus/Flange, 1 Panner, plus up to 4 Cab Sims and Mixing for everything with exceptional MIDI control.

Great rig, real tube tones like any of the above, at any volume thanks to the Torpedo CAB's tube power amp sims, DI'd/FRFR and/or via guitar cabs, with great FX and MIDI control, and all in 4U at 30lbs in a SKB rolling rack.

I had Randall MTS RM4 preamp, long before the Torpedo...the CAB makes me wish I kept a few more old preamps. The Randall/Egnater MTS would be great with the Torpedo IMO. Not familiar with the Blackbird or the SRB-808 (is this still being made?)...will add to list of things to checkout.

Thanks!

rsm":xxhsbpuy said:
I had Randall MTS RM4 preamp, long before the Torpedo...the CAB makes me wish I kept a few more old preamps. The Randall/Egnater MTS would be great with the Torpedo IMO. Not familiar with the Blackbird or the SRB-808 (is this still being made?)...will add to list of things to checkout.

Thanks!

I believe the SRB is still being made, i got mine many years ago i have mod the hell out of it, i mostly use it two ways, since it is a double overdrive pedal drive one is always on and its the side i modded, drive set to zero its mostly a coloured clean tone. OD 2 is the one that takes care of boosting the channels on the Mesa. Been using it this way practically since i got it and its the only OD pedal i have.

Indeed, MTS works wonderfully with a Torpedo!

I too regret selling my old ADA MP-1 and Marshall JMP-1 just prior to the CAB/LIVE being announced.

The Two Notes tube power amp sims make all tube preamps viable in ways they weren't previously (all preamps actually).

Thanks Two Notes!

rsm":ve2dxpi4 said:

Thanks!

The best setup for me is
Fredamp hot scream overdrive - bogner blue and red - Fredamp 's preamp : crystal or jtbass for clean / two miam for cruch / the uncle sam for recto - torpedo cab - eventide H9
this is a demo of my pedalboard

Finally tried my Source Audio Soundblox Pro Mulitwave Distortion into my CAB, sounded fine, but not something I would use.

CAB is back in the G-System / TriAxis rig... where I like it best. Saved me from selling my JMP-1 and JFX-1, but now I need to replace the JFX-1 battery (looks easy).

I've just got my CAB, so I'm new to the forum hello everyone :thumbsup:

By so far I 've used it in two setups, my aim is to keep to keep the volume low

Guitar - Kingsley Juggler - CAB - Headphones
Guitar -Bogner Ecstasy Blue - CAB - Headphones

I love the Kingsley Juggler setup, last night I found the right combination of amp speaker mic, that made it sing, just like I wanted it too, with a low volume that didn't hurt anybodys ear. I haven't even got other than my old B&O headphones, so there's room for improvement and maybe a monitor

I'm not impressed with The bogner setup, it's too sharp, maybe I've found the right amp/speaker combination yet, or maybe The CAB need tubes to get a good sound? The Bogner does sound killer on my tube amp?

AC-3 - Hot Plexi - Sweet Baby - AMT SS-11A - C.A.B - CR-7 Hardwired - TC Flashback X4 - TC Arena Reveb - ART Pre (XLR Connection) - FOH

Back