Which one?

jzuker

Hi all,

I'm very interested in picking up a Two Note product for load box/direct recording purposes. I have a Kemper that I like very much, but I sense from some of the clips that I've heard/seen that I might get a bit more "air and punch" using the Two Note technology. I would also like to use my real amps more. I have an Egnater Tweaker (great little amp, especially for the $) that in particular, as its name implies, can be tweaked to get a wide variety of tones. I don't feel like profiling every tweaked tonal permutation into the Kemper if I can just dial it in on the amp.

Although, the VB-101/Studio will give me the most options, the Live may be all that I really need. Price is a consideration. The tweaker has both a 16 and an 8 ohm speaker output, all of my other amps are 8 ohm. So the Live can handle that. The two mic capability is a big lure on the higher priced models, but can't I use the Torpedo Live strictly as a load box and take the unprocessed signal into WOS III? I know I have to pay for those cabinets separately, but I can pay as I go. Or is that not an option on that unit? What am I giving up by going with the Live and not the soon to be released Studio, which could be possibly twice the cost?

Thanks!

John

Live would be the perfect product for you. I had one and it worked and sounded fantastic. I have a Kemper Powered rack at this point and if I do need a change in sound, I simply use the WOS-III plug-in for a different cab sound. Works great. If I ever go back to a tube amp, I'll be getting some sort of Two-Notes product again. Their customer service is fantastic as well!

:)

Well after a few more days of mulling about, I went and ordered the Torpedo Live. Looking forward to checking it out for myself. I'm sure that I'll be poking around here with some more questions and insights after its arrival.

Thanks!

-John

Back