Which Two-Notes Torpedo is for me?

btdvox

Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a Two-Notes torpedo but don't know which one to get, from the CAB, Live or Reload. I've recently moved into a Wood-Frame built condo coming from a concrete building where no one could hear me whatsoever to a neighbour already knocking on the ceiling.

I've got a Diezel D-Moll and a PWE EH3 that I use and I want to use them at night via Headphones and my Studio monitors.

Now the set up I have currently is a AVID Fast Track Duo interface for Pro Tools and Ableton Live hooked up to a pair of Adam Monitors.

Is there a certain torpedo that would allow me to connect my head through the Torpedo and then into the Fast Track Duo. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I have to unplug my Adam Monitors to go directly into a certain Torpedo or can I leave them connected to my Fast Track Duo.

I'm not really wanting to use the set up for recording but rather for practicing using my amps at home, at night.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

for using with your heads i recommend you to get ether the new Studio (when it is released) or the Live.
With them you can connect one of your heads to it and from the Two Notes unit you can connect to your Fast Track, leaving the Adams connected to it.
If you want the speaker simulation in you DAW (in your case Pro Tools I guess) then the Reload would be an option.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Matthias

I'm only going to be using this at home in my studio set up.

I have a very fast computer, sounds like the Reload might be a better option?

Hi btdvox,

the Reload is a valid option if you consider the preamps and converters to be good on your soundcard (which I never tried myself).

The good think with the Torpedo Studio or Live is that they embed the best interface between your amp and a DSP (the processor taking care of the simulation), that means a very good impedance/level adaptation and the best converters on the market (Live has the same as an RME Fireface, VB-101 or Studio embed converters you can find on the studio/HiFi/Audiophile market).

Definitely going to have to test it out. I talked with Andy from Diffusion Audio and he gave me similar advice.

Andy is a very competent person and a true Torpedo supporter, you can believe his advice (especially if it's the same as mine. ^^).

Back