Sound through the WoS without recording?

kaimart

Hi all,

as you will see from my question, I am pretty new to the whole recording world.
I have downloaded the WoS III to use it with logic X on my imac. (In combination with a focus rite and an Engl preamp).

I have installed everything, and have managed to open the WoS plug in in a new project.
The problem is: I can hear the WoS when I replay a recorded guitar track, but I would like to have the opportunity to hear the sound while I play (even without recording) through the computer.
The "Input" shows no signal while I play, only after having recorded a guitar track.

Can anybody tell me, what button to click? :)

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the tip....at least I can see the signal in the WoS In- and Output. But I still don't hear the device, still sounds like playing with the preamp into an Computer. I am making something wrong... :doh:
Any other idea?

When you deactivate the WoS III, is the sound coming back or not?

I am not sure I understand the issue here.

Maybe a Logic expert can help...

Maybe it's also a logic thing.
When I change the presets of WoS before recording, i can hear differences (but e.g. the lead tone has still the "preempt computer sound), but the final result on the recording sounds very different (much better...the was it should sound) But i would like to hear that even before recoding?!?

I have a Focusrite 2i2. It has an input monitoring switch. It allows the signal coming into the interface to sound through the speakers irrespective of what the DAW is doing. It's not a usable thing for an unsimmmed amp signal.

Look and see if you have that switch or something that might can be turned on or off via software for your focusrite.

And as guillaume said, make sure you have input monitoring on for your track in Logic.

Thanks all of you...I have the 2i4 and here it's not a knob, but a "turn switch", and so I had both signals, the WoS and the direct one.
Now everything is working!

Great, I can go to sleep now.

I saw the same kind of pot on a Lexicon Omega. I totally forgot that kind of thing exists on some soundcards... Well done Rogue. :rock:

Back