Torpedo Live + Mesa Mark V + Ownhammer IR clip

Hello Rig Talk! First time poster here, but I read a lot of threads in this section when I was researching the Torpedo Live, so I thought I'd post my results here.

On a recent trip to Tokyo, I was finally able to pick up a Two Notes Torpedo Live... (there's no dealer here in NZ at the moment) and it's probably one of the best investments in gear that I've ever made. I don't think I've had this great and this consistent a recorded tone ever. EVER!

If anyone happened to be wondering how a Mesa Mark V likes the Torpedo Live, the answer is... it likes it very much! I don't feel that there is any degradation in tone, and the reactive load definitely feels just like playing into a speaker cab - whatever speaker cab I want, in fact! I don't think I'll ever bother trying to mic up my cab for demos or reviews ever again...

Nice vid and great tone!
Which Ownhammer IRs are you using? I have a bunch and find them very thin/weak compared to the WOS plug in.

Running my Mark V into the Torpedo Live and the SLAVE OUT into the Torpedo CAB provides awesome results, as well. Endless tonal possibilities, feels great and is a sweet setup.

Back