Wet/Dry Idea for Torpedo C.A.B.

AdamSH89

So I had an idea last night, that I sadly can't try out right now, because I'm in the middle of moving and my gear is packed up haha. I run a direct rig using the Torpedo C.A.B., and have loved the sound for about a year now. I have been thinking about ways to run a wet/dry rig, where I split the sound from my torpedo C.A.B., send that to the front, then send the other side to my delay and reverb and give that to the front as well. Problem is, Money for another quality D.I. box to do this is tight, as is space on my board. So I thought, why not just use the line output of my C.A.B. to shoot to front of house, and use the phones output to send to my delay and reverb pedals, then to my D.I. Box? If I'm using the line level, that inadvertently boosts the headphone output as well, (I've experienced this first hand with headphones). From there, it shouldn't be a big deal to balance the level to give my delay and reverb units enough signal to work with, right? Does this seem like a feasible idea to anyone, or will I just have to test it once I get my gear unpacked and settled in two weeks?

The idea is not bad, the only hard part is, as you noticed it, the volume control is shared between the Line and Headphones level.

Usually one use a Line Splitter to send the same signal to 2 different products (Mixer on 1 side and your effects on the other), you can find some inexpensive models (Palmer stuff for example), the most important part is to isolate the ground so there is no ground loops that can appear by connecting all these products together.

Back