Torpedo Studio - Suggestion/Question

Uncle Mike

So I was thinking.... dangerous I know :)

Will the new Torpedo Studio have the capability to bypass/cut output to the cab/amp speaker and yet allow it to remain connected and still see the load as compared to having just a speaker pass through?

Having to reach behind the unit to connect and disconnect a speaker like on the VB-101 is a pain.

I see that the new Radial Headload has the ability to control the volume to the speaker and even dest it to zero volume.

Just something else to make the new Torpedo the best!

Best,
Uncle Mike

Hi Uncle Mike,

OK it took me some time to understand the request.

when a speaker is connected at the back of the Studio, like in the VB-101, the sound coming from the amp is directly transmitted.

It's a passive bypass, we did not put a relay on that output because, well, nobody ever asked for that.

To get that kind of function you have in the Headload, you should look at the Torpedo Reload (attenuator and loadbox).

Thank you G.

I was just thinking that for studio use, being able to have the speaker permanently connected to the Torpedo Studio would be very sweet. A front panel or software switch to bypass the speaker would give extreme flexibility.

In any event, it was a thought.... :rock:

Thanks

Well, to be frank that possibility to plug a real cabinet was really designed for playing on stage, if the guitarist needs a real cab.

In the studio most of the time the Torpedo is used as a "simple" loadbox, your suggestion is feed for thought. ;)

Back