VB-101 Plus Reload

opiante

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to go back to something that we spoke about here a few months ago. When the news came out about the Torpedo Studio, there was some talk about what us VB-101 users could do, and the idea was mentioned that perhaps using a Reload with the 101 may give a result close to the studio.

So here I am, hungry for some new gear and thinking about doing just that. Adding a Reload to act as a load on my 101. However,before I spend the money I have a few questions...
-Would there be any advantages / disadvantages regardin this 101+Reload setup vs. the Torpedo Studio?
-When wanting to record 2 amps in a stereo rig, could I run one hru the 101 and the other thru Reload +WOS3? Would there be a problem with the latency difference or would it sound fine?
-Would Two Notes still consider giving the 101 owners some sort of 'upgrade price' if we choose to add a Reload? (this was mentioned at some point)
-Will you guys continue to support and update the 101 in the coming years even when it goes out of production?
-BTW, when is the new 101 firmware, and the new Torpedo Remote going to be showing up?

Thanks in advance
Ian

Hi Opiante,

-Would there be any advantages / disadvantages regarding this 101+Reload setup vs. the Torpedo Studio?

Reload has all the reamp and attenuator functions the VB-101 doesn't have. In the other hand, you'll need 4U in your rack for Reload + VB-101 instead of 2 with Studio.

-When wanting to record 2 amps in a stereo rig, could I run one thru the 101 and the other thru Reload +WOS3? Would there be a problem with the latency difference or would it sound fine?

You can do that, but it's hard to tell what the result will be regarding the latency. It's always possible to delay on of the signals to reach minimal phase cancelation.

But what you can do with the new firmware on the VB-101 is to have the loadbox signal sent on one channel, and the Line input (fed by the Reload) on the other channel. ;) We allow simultaneous working of Loadbox and Line inputs; ;)

-Would Two Notes still consider giving the 101 owners some sort of 'upgrade price' if we choose to add a Reload? (this was mentioned at some point)

We will not do that, it's awfully complicated to set on a Worldwide scale. I hope the free upgrade that make the VB-101 stereo can be consider as a considerable gift. ;)

-Will you guys continue to support and update the 101 in the coming years even when it goes out of production?

At some point the VB-101 will not be able to keep up with new features we can put in Torpedo Studio. I cannot answer precisely for how many time we will be able to support both products regarding their firmware.

-BTW, when is the new 101 firmware, and the new Torpedo Remote going to be showing up?

Well, it is currently being tested in our lab these days, it shouldn't be long now. ;)

Back