Torpedo Reload patchbay or switcher question

delichef

I was wondering what the best way to connect the reload to multiple heads/cabs would be. I have a switchcraft 6425 tt patchbay. Would I need to use an unshielded db25 snake to connect to that? Are there better switching solutions that you would recommend? Thanks!

Just out of interest Guillaume, are you aware of any products that would allow one to run two heads into a Torpedo at the same time (i.e. for biamping setups)? I can only think of things like the ToneBone which allow one to switch between amps, but can't think of anything for people who want to biamp.

Well, that is not easy to achieve. That would mean the both amplifier outputs are in parallel, so you should have to isolate them to avoid potential problems.

I don't know of any product with that kind of function.

I don't see an easy way to do this other than a loadbox per amplifier. You can't connect two power outputs, they will short-circuit each other.

With the V3 firmware update of the VB-101, and the soon-to-come Torpedo Studio, it will be possible to plug one amp to the Torpedo loadbox (amp input), and a second source to the Line Input, and feed these two inputs to the two channels (each input will feed one channel). So, to achieve a biamping setup, you just need a way to input the second amp to the line input of the Torpedo. That can be a second loadbox (why not the Reload ?), or a Preamp Out or Send output from the amp.

With the Torpedo Live or CAB, you will need two loadboxes, and a line-level mixer (a simple Y-box or cable may be enough), fed to the line input. Not the simplest setup... :/

Thanks for your replies guys, it's as I thought. :) I had thought about the possibility of running a Reload into the line in of the VB-101 once the update has come through, I'm afraid that I won't be happy with the resistive load box in the VB-101 once I've experienced the reactive load of the Reload though (haha) & I don't have the money to purchase the studio when I already have the VB-101 unfortunately. To clarify, this isn't something that I need to do right away anyway, it's just an idea that I've being toying with for a while now & would like to try at some point in the future...

Back