I already have a torpedo cab
I want to do silent recording with tube amps
What do you recommend ?
Buy a live and sell the cab
Or buy a reload
Can the combination reload and cab do the same as the live alone
And more ?
Is the load function of the reload the same (soundwise ) when totally silent
I mean even without a speaker attached ?
How about the line out level of the reload ?
Does it matches the cab ?

Hi Joogi,

you will do more with Reload and C.A.B. (and that will work) on the analog part but:

there is no digital output on the C.A.B.

Srtting up the levels between Reload and C.A.B. may be trick because there is not output level pot on the Reload, and no input gain on the C.A.B. (only a -15dB pad on the Reload and a level switching at the C.A.B.'s input). You will have to adjust a little with your amplifier's master level.

hi
thanks for the reply
i still am not sure
is it possible when using the reload into the cab , no speaker attached for silent recording?
when playing live in this combi is it possible to use the line out of the cab to foh and the phones to my in ears
at the same time ?
regards joost

is it possible when using the reload into the cab , no speaker attached for silent recording?

Absolutely

when playing live in this combi is it possible to use the line out of the cab to foh and the phones to my in ears
at the same time ?

Absolutely, remember that the line output level and phones level on the C.A.B. are linked. meaning, you set both output levels at the same time.

Something else to consider is the WOS plugin (comes with Reload if I'm not mistaken). Reload + CAB will take care of any situation I can imagine (outside of something like a digital fly rig), including recording, but Reload + WOS allows a great deal of flexibility to dial in your tone. Or even change it later.

Back