Torpedo Reload or live spdif vs analog and other questions..

webstersp

I would like to order a torpedo reaload or torpedo live but I would like to know if
there would be a difference between going with the torpedo live spiff vs the reload analog to
my saffire 56?

and also...
I was looking at the reload since I wanted to use this with my evh 50 at home.
I don't want to bring back my cab after each rehearsal so silent recording with my tone is
what i'm looking for.
But after reading a lot about the torpedo many users seems to bring the torpedo live at gig and/or rehearsal and really like that. The reload won't work as a standalone at rehearsal or gigs but you can re-amp with real mics. But since I'm in an apartment not sure if I could attenuate the sound enough so I don't bother my neighbours

hard decision....

Hi webstersp,

as a matter of fact the Torpedo Live and C.A.B. were designed with... live usage in mind. So it is not surprising that some people bring them on stage to replace their cabinets anytime they require a silent setup, or just to avoid cabinets.

The Reload is all analog, and quite unique for that reason in the Two Notes catalog. For live usage, you can always either:

- bring a laptop with WoS III
- use a Torpedo C.A.B. as a speakersim

Or go a different route and buy a Torpedo Live + a dedicated reamp unit.

it's hard for us to design a product with EVERYTHING in it that would not cost way too much. ;)

I don't really want to bring the unit for live use, at least now....
I wanted the best unit to track my amp at home.
Now I need to choose the extra I may need later since both cover the silent tracking/loadbox
so no need to brin my cabinet back from rehearsal.

hard choice.....

Back